Help

BusyBoard

Convert PDFs

>

JustJoy

Convert PDFs
Old 04-07-2020, 09:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Man, this online learning has a steep learning curve! I have a PDF worksheet that I want to post to Google Classroom for my students to complete. However, I need to make the PDF fillable. Is this possible if the worksheet is copyrighted or password protected? I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you for your help!

JustJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsf70

Old 04-08-2020, 02:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When you post it on Google Classroom, you should make a copy for each student. Students should then be able to annotate on the pdf and save it.
mrsf70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

A couple of other options
Old 04-08-2020, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Another option would be to show the kids how to install and use Kami, a Google extension. They could use that to write on the PDF.

You can also convert PDFs to Google Docs. If you drag the PDF document into your drive, and then select "open with Google Docs", it will convert your file to a PDF. Depending on the type of graphics, the format, etc., you may have to do some touch ups to it, though.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

IMacc

Filling in Sheets
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not 100% sure this would work, but I had the same need the other day with a worksheet.

I took a picture of the worksheet, added it to a Google Slide as 'background'. I had first changed the slide to 8.5 x 11 to match the picture. Then I created Text Boxes for the areas that I wanted the students to write in for the answers. When I assigned this task, I posted it as "Make a copy", which means each students will get their own copy of the slide. What is great is that they cannot edit the background, but only fill in the text boxes.

Remember to add a text box for Name at the top. I also have trained my students to change the title of their document or slide, to have their name first and then the topic. Which suits my organizational needs.

Hope that helps or at least sparks some ideas
IMacc is offline   Reply With Quote

FancyFish

Old 04-08-2020, 08:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I often use the PDF as a background image in a google slide and insert text boxes. DOCHub is a free extension that allows students to type directly on a PDF.

FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote