How to report retroactive paid sick days to EDD. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

How to report retroactive paid sick days to EDD.

>

Sirsubalot

How to report retroactive paid sick days to EDD.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When I was in the hospital for the week ending October 31, I tried to answer "yes" to the question "Were you injured or too sick to work?" I had to cancel three jobs that week.

While filling out the recertification form online, I kept getting errors when answering "yes" since the system kept wanting to tie this in to workman's comp. I was therefore not allowed to answer "yes", so I just gave up and filled it in as if there was no work that week.

Now, however, the district is paying me for those three sick days, so I will actually get $450 for a week I already told EDD I earned nothing.

How should let EDD know that I am getting sick pay for that week?

Calling them will be futile. Should I just send them an online message? Should I add additional hours on to the week they actually pay me?

I would welcome suggestions.

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

I would
Old 12-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would just send them an email within their online system and give them all of the specific facts in great detail and then keep a copy of that for your records that way everything is documented.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 12-01-2020, 09:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is what I was planning on doing, although I wonder if they actually read all these messages.

I sent them two messages online long ago. They responded to one about a month later, and to the other not at all.

CC96

I agree
Old 12-01-2020, 10:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree and I understand, however, take a screenshot and print a copy or both and that way you have it to back you up even if they donít respond to you.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would just say that I received "other pay" (at least that is an option in California) and report it. I would take screen shots of everything you did, like 96 said. I think that would be enough to defend yourself in the future.

I would not depend on anybody reading an email, but you could do that, too, to have more documentation. I was actually able to get through to EDD last week. I was a little surprised. I called about 9:15 a.m. and was on hold about 15 minutes, but I got to talk to "a guy." He didn't sound very confident in what he was saying, but I did get through.

I would make sure to note what happened and that you tried to report it, somehow. IMHO, the worst that would happen is that you would have to repay a week's pay, sometime in the future.

bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 12-02-2020, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks for the advice. I have a cheap flip phone that does not take pictures, but hopefully I can print out my message.