My LinkedIn is advertising Kelly Services as a substitute position in my district? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

My LinkedIn is advertising Kelly Services as a substitute position in my district?

>

Bobbies

My LinkedIn is advertising Kelly Services as a substitute position in my district?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everybody. Occasionally, I check these other websites where I posted resumes, ATC. A few weeks ago, I believe I was on LinkedIn. I noticed that something named Kelly Services was advertising for a substitute teaching position in the very District that I work in. I was not hired by nor work for Kelly Services, and I have heard nothing but absolute horror stories regarding them. I was hired by and I'm paid by the Independent School District. Does anybody know why Kelly Services would be involved in trying to find people for positions in my very District? Do you think that I am danger to being thrown out to Kelly Services, assuming we ever get back to you in school class?

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

jakeh

Old 07-06-2020, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
Bobbies's Message:
Hello everybody. Occasionally, I check these other websites where I posted resumes, ATC. A few weeks ago, I believe I was on LinkedIn. I noticed that something named Kelly Services was advertising for a substitute teaching position in the very District that I work in. I was not hired by nor work for Kelly Services, and I have heard nothing but absolute horror stories regarding them. I was hired by and I'm paid by the Independent School District. Does anybody know why Kelly Services would be involved in trying to find people for positions in my very District? Do you think that I am danger to being thrown out to Kelly Services, assuming we ever get back to you in school class?
Went to their site 'careers.kellyservices.com' and they are advertising many such job openings, mostly in PA. Does surprise me. But here in Cali I saw no Kelly listings. My district, I know, quite firmly only uses direct LinkedIn listings or listings on their site.
jakeh is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 07-06-2020, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know some charter schools in my area use Kelly for teacher and para subs, but I don't think any local school districts use them.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 07-07-2020, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Chances are your school district is switching to Kelly Services. A local school district switched from ESS (had been Source for Teachers) to Kelly Services. It was not communicated well, and subs had to start all over with submitting paperwork, etc. The district was short of subs and Kelly put over signs (like the political ones that stick in the ground) all over town looking to hire subs. It wasn't worth the hassle and I didn't apply to Kelly. These outsourcing companies are a joke. They promise the districts they will fill a certain position of teacher vacancies. The most they do to recruit subs is to run ads and stick help wanted signs in the ground. The district is paying Kelly something like $125/day and then paying the subs $90 a day. You also can't make a contribution to the teachers' retirement system in PA. This causes many people to stop subbing.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Kelly
Old 07-07-2020, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I hope my school doesn't do this. If districts only realized that they would solve their sub problems if they just treated us better. Sigh...

bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

SubHuman

Old 07-17-2020, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In my school district, Kelly Services was used to staff substitutes at Title I schools only. ( schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families ) As a substitute teacher you had to make a choice: Work for Kelly Services and ONLY work in Title I schools or stay with the school system and only work in non-Title I schools. I never heard or read anything about this policy anywhere. I got all my info from 1 phone call from Kelly Services (and I called them back once just to clarify that I couldn't do both)

They may be doing different things in different school systems.
SubHuman is offline   Reply With Quote