Help

Substitute Teachers

Unemployment/Back to School in January

>

knelson13

Unemployment/Back to School in January
Old 12-17-2020, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our schools went full distance a couple of weeks ago so I started requesting UE again. Now they have announced that K-2 is going back full class in person mid-January and 3-5 beginning of Feb. My question is this - In your opinion, could I continue collecting UE until mid-January or do I need to stop for the days of Christmas break? If you say stop for break, how would you even break up the weeks since next week is just a partial week off? It's impossible to get info from UE and I want to do this right so I don't have to pay anything back. Also, what if there are very few jobs available so I can't grab them in time when they do go back? Ugh. Thanks in advance.

knelson13 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 12-18-2020, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I only report when I work, no matter the circumstances.

I can only imagine the hassle and frustration of starting and stopping all the time. I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to get it started again, even.

I would just leave it alone. I think that if we just don't lie, we'll be o.k.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 12-18-2020, 12:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

At least in CA, I don't think EDD is paying attention to the break weeks. I think our claims will stop December 26 unless a stimulus plan is agreed upon.

I expect to get paid during the first week of Christmas break, and then it shuts down.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 12-18-2020, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Supposedly they "aren't going home" until there is a plan, but who knows.

Sublime

Old 12-18-2020, 11:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Same as Sirsubsalot: in CA our UI will be running out soon. I've subbed on line 3 days so that will stretch my UI out a tiny bit longer into January. After that, I don't know what will happen. I hope to sub next semester once in a while now that I've started to learn how.

And I agree: DON'T stop applying because of the holiday break!

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 12-20-2020, 10:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My 13 week extension was scheduled to end on December 26, although I currently have about $2500 left on my claim.

If you are on your first 26 weeks, the claim might continue beyond the 26th. I am not sure.

CC96

Paid...
Old 12-21-2020, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

The last of my Edd just got sent to my bank account. I am wondering whatís going to happen now that Congress has passed new legislation does that mean that our Edd account will be given more money and we will get that plus the $300 a week or we will just get the $300 a week or will we get nothing??? I donít know how thatís going to work! I have been on EDD since last March and for the last couple months have acknowledged that I have refused some job offers and I have been very truthful and specific as to why, I have not worked at all.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 12-21-2020, 02:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am anxious to learn whether the $300 per week stimulus will be retroactive. I have just over $1700 left on my claim, which will only give me just over four more weeks. Will I get four weeks of $300 checks, 13 weeks worth of $300 checks, or no weeks worth of $300 checks?

bodhimom

Old 12-21-2020, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I've been wondering how that's going to work out, too. I haven't heard anything about it being retroactive. I haven't been gett6the $300/week b/c I get less than $100/week in unemployment. I wonder if that is how this is going to work, too.

I told my husband to not spend it, until I see it.

I also wonder when it will begin.
artisian78

artisian78

Should you remain on unemployment or go back?
Old 12-31-2020, 09:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Bodhimon, I had a similar situation last year when I was taking care of my mother. My mother has rheumatoid arthritis and I was taking care of her while she was on hospice. She unfortunately passed away last year on December 4th.

Please keep in mind this is not exactly the answer you would want to tell other people but you might want to consider trying to collecting from unemployment until it ends. But try to make sure that you will not be removed from the sub list either. I hope this helps you out.