Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Saturday Survey:)

>

Mhiag

Saturday Survey:)
Old 12-19-2020, 01:30 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc?
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it?
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year?
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021?
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday?
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants?

Mhiag is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Old 12-19-2020, 02:01 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc?
No
No
No
I usually get free ones
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday?
He is retired
Yes
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

unseen001

Old 12-19-2020, 02:20 AM

yes
no
I give my daughters food gift cards and $1000 each year
no
I am a widow
Like looking at them but allergic to them
unseen001 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 12-19-2020, 02:40 AM

Don't think so?

Yes, all of the above and in more than one job. Sometimes.

Santa always brings some necessities for the kids

nope. but that reminds me that dh made me a beautiful calendar of his photos and it was hanging in my work office... and it's still there and I only got to see it partway through March!

He has a lot of time off all year round. I'm the one who only has a few days off for the holiday (2)

not particularly, but they remind me of Christmas in church growing up
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Old 12-19-2020, 02:51 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Yes.
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? Yes, at a swanky restaurant. But just for 3 days in my younger years. The chef was so intimidating. I quit after being yelled at!
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? Yes, socks (this year it's Bombas for all!) and gift cards.
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? No, already got freebies from giving donations.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? He is taking a week's vacation.
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? I do.

Linda/OH is online now   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 12-19-2020, 03:02 AM

1. I'm not waiting for any deliveries.
2. I worked at an ice cream stand in high school and as a cocktail waitress after college. I liked both jobs.
3. I usually get the next in a never-ending series of house ornaments from Hallmark. I have all of them except for the first one from 1983.
4. I already bought two 2021 calendars.
5. Spouse is retired and here all day. All day. All day. With me. All day.
6. Not a fan of poinsettias.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Old 12-19-2020, 03:33 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Yes. QVC backordered something I ordered in early November, and a bookstore made a mistake with a couple of autographed Ree Drummond books from a virtual event. Luckily, I have enough gifts without those, but itís annoying.

2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? The closest I came was working as a cashier at a Burger King. I did not like it.

3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? No.

4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? I get them by making charitable donations.

5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? No spouse.

6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? They are okay. I do not like caring for indoor plants, so I rarely buy them.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 12-19-2020, 03:34 AM

1. Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered?
I sent a box of little gifts to each of my Friendship Family guys (Dartmouth students from Ghana who are stuck here for the holidays). After I mailed them, I discovered I had used an incomplete address for Akwasi, so I thought it would likely be returned to me...but he messaged me yesterday to thank me for the gift. I mailed Jefferson's identical box at the same time to a correct address, but have not heard from him yet. Maybe he just hasn't checked his mail...or maybe the Post Office in its inscrutable ways just has not delivered his yet. We did have a huge snowstorm that may have confused things somehow.

2. Have you ever worked as a waitress or cashier? Did you like it?
I was a waitress at a Coney Island in Detroit the summer before college. Hard work, less than minimum wage pay, because tips. Another waitress on my shift was actually trying to support her family with this job (she worked double shifts), so she got the tables and I had to run the cash register...for no tips! And every customer who had a complaint unloaded on me at the register. Not a great job...

3. Is there a certain gift you give or receive every year?
Dd has started a tradition of a family photo every year.

4. Will you buy a calendar for 2021?
So far I have amassed a trove of 3 free calendars from various organizations, so no need to buy a wall calendar. I did buy a planner, though.

5. Does your spouse/SO have a lot of days off for the holidays?
We are retired.

6. Do you like poinsettia plants?
I love them...so festive! Reminds me of my in-laws home in Puerto Rico, where the poinsettias literally grow like weeds. However, my cat loves any plants that I bring into the house, and poinsettias upset her digestion. So no poinsettias for me.
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 12-19-2020, 04:21 AM

1. No. I am waiting for a box from Vet Source, though.

2. In high school I worked at the Searís coffee shop at the mall. I cooked, bussed, and cashiered. I loved the job and the rest of our very small crew.

3. No certain gifts.

4. No. I get tons of free calendars in the mail.

5. Yes, DH is only working 4 more days and then heís officially retired!

6. Yes, but they are toxic for pets so we do not have them.
ZipLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 12-19-2020, 04:27 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Nope, I shopped early and was finished two weeks ago. Everything is wrapped and ready to go.
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? Yes, I waited tables when I was in college. I loved those days. I had so much fun.
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? My parents give me money each year.
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? No, I have an iPhone-no need for a paper calendar.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? My dh has a vacation week this year.
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? Never really thought about it. I guess they are ok.

Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

Saturday Survey
Old 12-19-2020, 05:09 AM

Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Yes, I'm still waiting for multiple packages.

Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I worked in fast food at age 15 and then started in retail at age 16. In my early 20s I was a cashier in a grocery store for a while. I don't particularly enjoy the job.

Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? When my children were growing up they each got a themed ornament every year.

Will you buy a calendar for 2021? Nah, I use online calendars now.

Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? DH has been out of work since March.

Do you like poinsettia plants? I like them very much but can't have one because of my kitty.
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 12-19-2020, 05:16 AM

1. I'm waiting on one package which is a stocking stuffer gift for DD so no biggie if it doesn't arrive but it is scheduled to arrived by Tuesday.

2. I have worked as a server during college and loved it. Also, during my separation, I worked as a server after school and on weekends to help support my kids and myself.

3. Every year I create a calendar for my DSIL with photos from the year. It usually brings her to tears. She loves it and looks forward to it. I also put flavored candy canes in the stockings every year.

4. No

5. No spouse

6. I have received beautiful poinsetta plants as gifts in the past. I enjoyed them. I enjoy seeing them around during the holiday season.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 12-19-2020, 05:27 AM

1. Not anymore! The last one came Thursday.

2. Cashier - loved it! I worked at a drug store as a teenager and it was back when we had to push in the price (not scan). Truly loved it.

3. I give my mom her favorite candy every year (among other things) and always gave my dad dry roasted peanuts.

4. No - MIL always gives me one.

5. He makes his own hours and can work remotely so he takes off when I'm off if we have something to do.

6. Yes - so pretty! I have a fake one that looks very real!
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Old 12-19-2020, 05:29 AM

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ine=1606560158

Saturday Survey
http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...n/post_old.gif 12-19-2020, 04:30 AM
#1 1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc?
YES! The last tracking was it was off the plane in Frankfort Germany on Dec. 11. Germany is on hard lock-down so it may be sitting in Customs.

2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? YES Did you like it? Cashiered in a department store teen boys department-not bad.
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? YES Carters Fleece pajamas for the grandkids. DD requested because my mom always sent her new pajamas for Christmas.

4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? YES! One with artwork and scripture.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? Retired now but only got Christmas Day off.
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? YES! Enjoy seeing them decorate the front of the sanctuary at church.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Survey
Old 12-19-2020, 06:02 AM

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Yes, I already have. I enjoy setting up my new calendar every year.
5. Iím widowed. No SA
6. Not for myself, but I enjoy their color when I see them.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

Survey
Old 12-19-2020, 06:18 AM

Yes, two important items. One should arrive on time.

No, avoided working with money.

I used to write checks to my two daughters. Am adopting PJs from Grandma this year

I enjoy large, beautiful, wall calendars, and will purchase. I also use a 2-year calendar book which needs replacing.

Mr. Wonderful is working from home, we do not live together. I am hoping for a very romantic wedding proposal!

I love all plants. Have tried to keep them alive...
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 12-19-2020, 06:22 AM

1. All my gifts are here or delivered elsewhere. Columbia did send one order to my old (2.5 years ago) address and it disappeared into the netherworld. Columbia told me to contact USPS. I no longer shop at Columbia.

2. In HS I worked in a big drugstore. I liked being a cashier when the store was busy.

3. I used to always give books, but have stopped because so many of my family and friends read digitally and audibly.

4. My 2021 calendar is already in use.

6. Not a huge fan of poinsettias, but I tolerate them because the house I grew up in (and still own) is on Poinsettia Avenue (where there are lots of pine trees).
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 12-19-2020, 06:25 AM

No. My last package arrived yesterday.
No. I would be a terrible waitress.
Santa always brings the kids a board game to my parents' house.
The only calendar I buy is a school year desk calendar for my classroom.
Since we didn't take a vacation this year, DH has lots of time to use. He is off until after New Year's. It could be good for our family. More likely I will spend time planning how I could get rid of his body
Yes! But I only like the red ones.
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 12-19-2020, 06:53 AM

An ornament to ds and his family.
Yes, a counter person and cashier at a small family restaurant in college. I liked it, the family was so nice!
Pajamas and Bombas socks to ds and Dh
No, I received from giving donations.
He is a school security officer home on break. He worked most holidays over the years.
Yes.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 12-19-2020, 06:57 AM

1) Not currently and my last online order for now just arrived yesterday (Friday).

2) Cashier at some jobs and a bit of waitressing. I like cashiering. I can have those long lines whipped out of there fast and do it with great friendliness!

3) Probably for the last several or so yrs, I get my Mom a grocery store GC if nothing else because she's the person who doesn't need a thing, but can always use that.

4) I always buy an academic one.

5) Yes

6) Yes, the red ones, NOT the yellowish ones.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 12-19-2020, 07:11 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Well, I was done, but then I ordered a book for a grandchild which is supposed to be here today. And then I saw something cute for same child on Amazon-it's supposed to be here Monday.

2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I was a waitress during high school. No, I didn't like it. I worked as a sales clerk/cashier in a department store (part-time job while teaching) for a few years right after college when husband was in graduate school. It was all right.

3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? Not really.

4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? Have several that came "free" from organizations I support

5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? No spouse

6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? I do. But I grow frustrated when, despite considerable neglect, they hang around a long time after Christmas. My sweet Buddhist neighbor, who doesn't let anything die on her watch, has one I gave her last Christmas that is still surviving if not exactly thriving. She planted it on the south side of her house right next to the brick for warmth. This is NC, not the tropics.
Cassyree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 12-19-2020, 07:36 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? I'm waiting on one toy for my GS that may or may not arrive by Christmas.
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I had a few jobs waiting tables when I was in college. I liked some of them and hated others. A lot depends on your coworkers. The best one in terms of money was at a higher end supper club; I could earn as much in one weekend shift as I could in a week at a family restaurant. It was also the worst one, though, because people were usually drinking and I had to deal with more disgusting behavior.
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? No
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? No. I don't rely on paper calendars to keep track of appointments and I usually get some freebies from charities that I support.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? NA
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? No. I don't especially love the way they look, they're often too big to conveniently display and, in any case, I'm not willing to poison my cat. Sadly, they are a go-to for organizations that feel the need to gift their choir director at Christmas. I've often come home with huge plants that got shut up in my guest room until they died.
Tori58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Recess

Old 12-19-2020, 07:52 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Yes, I sent a package of homemade lefse to my DH's family. I'm waiting for them to let me know the lefse arrived.
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I worked as a waitress during the summer while I was in college. It was an ok job.
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? Yes, I get a Lang Folkart Calendar for my kitchen every years. I see a present under the tree that looks like a calendar shape.
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? See above.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday?We are both retired!
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? Yes, I purchased four of them a few weeks ago from a local greenhouse.
Recess is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 12-19-2020, 08:11 AM

1. This year I sent some embroidered gifts to friends and family with instructions not to open until Christmas. Not sure if they were delivered yet.

2. Yes, waitress, bartender, and cashier at a bakery. They were fun at times and other times dealing with the public can be a challenge.

3. I give my sister and elderly friend an amaryllis growing kit every year.

4. Already have my Lang cat calendar

5. Retired. When DH worked he had set days off (Monday and Tuesday) and great if it was a holiday, too bad if not.

6. Yes, but our cats can not leave plants alone and they are toxic to pets.
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 12-19-2020, 08:13 AM

I'm not. Man is waiting for an Amazon delivery or maybe it came, I'm not allowed to know about it.
Not in a store but I was a bank teller for 3 or 4 years. I didn't hate it.
We give charitable donations to family members and they do the same. We love it when they give us a goat.
No unless I can get it for 90% off
we're both retired
Yes!
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Paddlegurl

Old 12-19-2020, 08:29 AM

2, but neither are terribly important (a toy for my brother's dog and chocolate for daycare workers)

I have not and I don't think I would like it

We give photo calendars to grandparents and aunts/uncles. We do "want, need, wear, read" for kid gifts so there are some similar things each year.

See #3. We get ourselves one too. And I know my mom bought DH a Jeopardy question a day calendar.

No, just the statutory holidays.

I do.
Paddlegurl is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 12-19-2020, 08:55 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Yes

2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? Cashier at small town grocery in high school and college breaks. It was a good job at the time.

Calendars--both give and get. Pj pants for DH.

Yes if I don't get one for a gift.

DH is taking several days off this year. He has a lot of vacation hours and if he doesn't use them, he will lose them.

Yes, but I don't keep them in my house because of my cat.
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Survey
Old 12-19-2020, 08:56 AM

I donít think so. Pretty sure everything has arrived.

No, but I was the customer service rep for a photography studio one summer in college. I only answered the phone til noon, then they shut it off. So many complaints. I met some interesting characters.......

I usually give my DDs an ornament. Didnít buy or make one this year.

I bought a National Park Service one already.

Heís retired, but he worked for UPS. Letís say, until retirement, the holidays werenít always delightful.

Yes, but they attract ants so I donít buy them anymore.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 12-19-2020, 08:58 AM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? I began Christmas very early knowing that Etsy,my shop place of choice,can be a long wait for the orders.I have everything delivered ,wrapped and under the tree.
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? Yes I loved my cashier job as an employee at a gift shop at the Grand Canyon National Park. I got to meet college kids from all over the United States and had plenty of rec time to explore the park.
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? I give pajamas to everyone in my family. One year I talked about not doing it anymore but my grown children insist on their pjs for Christmas Eve.
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? Yes . I wait until the end of January to get a pretty one at substantial savings. I prefer the refrigerator magnet one with the built in shopping list pad. I also buy a small school calendar notebook that I keep in my purse.
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? Yes but he may be called in here and there.
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? I love them and love the Tomie DePaola story about poinsettias
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 12-19-2020, 09:57 AM

Yes, many. I hope they make it before Christmas. I ordered them a couple of weeks ago.

No. They only thing close to that is when I was a cashier at the miniature golf course at Cedar Point one summer.

Every year I get family members gifts from a place called personalization mall where you can get items that are monogrammed.

Probably not. I use my phone and IPad calendars. My husband likes them though.

Yes. He is retired except for driving for Uber on the weekends. He takes off from that in December usually because he gets a lot of gigs playing Santa Claus. This year, he still got Santa Gigs despite Covid, but had to stop driving Uber right before Thanksgiving since our state closed indoor dining and other things, and will probably not open them until February at the earliest.

They are ok.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 12-19-2020, 11:09 AM

Just one, but if it arrives after Christmas itís OK. DD will get it for her birthday which is after Christmas.

I was a retail cashier in college. I liked my fellow employees, however, I found that customers can be very mean. It really affected how I treat retail workers.

Lottery tickets and Fannie May chocolates in everyoneís stockings.

No. I donít use them.

Heís currently working mostly from home, but in either case , his hours are very flexible.

Yes
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-19-2020, 11:23 AM

No.

N/A

No.

I already have a calendar and two planners.

DH is a teacher in a different district. Our holidays match this year.

Not Really
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Nope
Old 12-19-2020, 12:44 PM

1.) Are you waiting for any Christmas gifts to be delivered by the post office/UPS/etc? Nope
2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I worked at a concession stand for a sports camp during my teen years, but not a store a cashier or waitress
3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? [COLOR="Red"I buy my brother "The Best American Sportwriting book of ______ (year) every year. [/COLOR]
4.) Will you buy a calendar for 2021? Nope
5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? No significant other
6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? I'm neutral. I don't have to have one, I don't go out and buy one, but if I were to have one, that'd be fine.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

sterlingsun

Old 12-19-2020, 03:04 PM

Just one last minute gift that will be here Monday. Everthing else came the last week of November.

2.) Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress or as a cashier? Did you like it? I was a cashier for a year. It was okay. I've been a waitress as a side gig for 12 years now. I enjoy making extra money where I can.

3.) Is there a certain gift that you give or receive every year? Usually homemade cookies, but not this year.

I have a planner, but I also use my Outlook Calendar through work so I won't.

5.) Does your spouse/significant other have off a lot of days for the Christmas holiday? About the same as me.

6.) Do you like poinsettia plants? I do, but I don't buy them due to my cats and I'm not a fake flower/plant fan.
sterlingsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 12-19-2020, 03:12 PM

1. Nope. It seems they are super delayed this year, way more than normal, so I'm glad to not have to worry about it. My friend who lives 10 minutes away mailed me a christmas card over a week ago and I still haven't gotten it .

2. Nope. My pre-teaching jobs when I was in HS/college were lifeguarding and being a camp counselor. I actually have kind of wished I'd done the server thing at some point, because it would be a side gig during summers or if I ever really needed the extra money during the school year. I'd like to have a non-teaching job in the summer, but having no relevant experience means I can't get hired on at decent paying places.

3. My dad is also a teacher and he asks for pens every year. Every year, I tell him that's dumb and his school should provide pens, and every year he insists he needs a bunch more of them. It's not the only thing I give him, but I give him a big pack and it makes him happy .

4. I keep track of my budget in a paper planner, so I will get one for 2021. I write down what I spent/where on that day's spot. I've tried to do the same thing electronically and I just don't stick with it. I keep the planner on my end table in the living room and I think something about having it in my face every day makes it work.

5. Don't have one.

6. I like them okay, but I wouldn't spend money to get them for myself.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 12-19-2020, 07:21 PM

1. I think my packages have all been delivered.

2. I worked at a couple retail stores when I was very young and used the register but not exclusively. It was ok - not a fan of working retail.

3. Can't think of anything although my father-in-law used to buy me the same perfume year after year even when I stopped wearing it.

4. I'll probably buy another Jeopardy day-by-day calendar. I like reading the clues.

5. DH is taking this whole week off. He does every year.

6. I do like them - I got some beautiful ones at the tent at my school that was selling them with live Christmas trees.
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Survey
Old 12-20-2020, 06:29 AM

1. Nope. All done!
2. Yes, a long, long time ago...
3. Books for everyone!
4. Already have one. A zen calendar. Peaceful and quiet.
5. My DH is retired. He is 70.
6. No. I do not like them!
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote