Help

Substitute Teachers

So this was a weird surprise...

>

Sweetsunset

So this was a weird surprise...
Old 12-30-2020, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Minutes ago- I received a deposit from the IRS Treasury for $600.
I guess that stimulus is hitting accounts now.
I hope all of you receive yours soon!

Sweetsunset is offline   Reply With Quote

jakeh

Old 12-30-2020, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Wow! That was fast. Mine comes by snail mail so I'll be on the lookout for it. Amazing, so fast, unlike the one in April for $1200.
jakeh is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 12-30-2020, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I didn't get it, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the info. We can use it!
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

Old 12-30-2020, 09:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You're welcome, yes- that was fast! Text message, checked account and there it was. I pray that you all receive it very soon. May we continue to be blessed.

jakeh

Old 12-30-2020, 09:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The IRS link for getmypayment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The site says:

"Get My Payment is Temporarily Offline
The IRS continues to monitor and prepare for new legislation related to Economic Impact Payments. The IRS will make updates to the Get My Payment portal to provide updated information for taxpayers in the near future. Please continue to monitor IRS.gov for the latest information."

...so can't look up my payment.

FYI

bodhimom

Old 12-31-2020, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I couldn't get through to the website, so I checked the balance on my card, which hadn't changed. Hopefully, the site is down because they are giving us our money.

Sweetsunset

Old 12-31-2020, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Yes, I'm hoping that's the reason as well. I was reading that it's hitting accounts at random times and not just overnight like some banks usually process their deposits-- sooo it's coming . Snail mail- reading they are already on their way since Wednesday . Jakeh you'll receive yours soon enough.
Also read that ppl are either going to receive a check or a debit card. Not quite sure how they come to conclude who gets what kind of payment- maybe ppl already have that election in place as a preferred method of payment. Interesting though. Maybe I'm just late in the know-how lol

jakeh

Old 01-01-2021, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I received mine today in checking account. Last time I got the $1200 Stimulus by mail. Fast, for the government.

bodhimom

Old 01-01-2021, 04:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My husband and I had ours deposited into our bank account today.

Sweetsunset

Old 01-01-2021, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Neat!! Nice start of the year! Happy New Year to all of us!

Deadline to meet- that's their drive. Crude reality is that we're all needing this money just about now.

Fractured

Old 01-01-2021, 09:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Id rather have the 5 weeks of 300 bucks ui supplements they cut than this check. I hope Biden gets something by passed right away.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

Old 01-02-2021, 09:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I hope so too. I remember reading he said this stimulus package was like a down payment on what is to come late January/early February. Hope is here and relief is coming to many Americans.
In CA news, EDD released the following statement 12/31:

Quote:
State to Expedite Payment to More than a Million Californians
Federal unemployment benefits are extended until March 13
Sacramento – The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is expediting an expansion of federal unemployment benefits after receiving the first portion of needed guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor. That begins with the delivery of supplemental federal payments to more than a million Californians currently collecting regular Unemployment Insurance or FED-ED extension benefits starting as early as Sunday, January 3.
For CARES Act benefits that expired after December 26, EDD will automatically recalculate Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) claims and notify claimants through their UI Online account, mail or text message when they are able to certify for their next benefit payment.
Claimants can expect these changes for weeks starting December 27 (covering the week that the bill was signed by the President) through the week ending March
13:
• A supplemental $300 a week - Known as Pandemic Additional
Compensation in California, the additional $300 will be added to up to 11 weeks of unemployment benefits a claimant receives. Those on a regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) or FED-ED extension claim who are scheduled to submit their bi-weekly certification including the week ending January 2 will be the first to see the extra $300 PAC payments added to their benefits as early as this Sunday, January 3. That includes an estimated 1.3 million Californians. Adding the $300 for PUA and PEUC claims will follow as soon as the revised programming is in place.
• 11 weeks added to PUA - The PUA program supports business owners, the self-employed, independent contractors and others who don’t qualify for regular UI and will now offer a total of up to 57 weeks of benefits. A total of 1.4 Californians have collected PUA benefits over the last four weeks. Those who had a balance remaining on their claim come December 26 will continue on with that claim and then transition to the additional up to 11 benefits as long as they remain eligible. Those who had a PUA claim expire before the week ending December 26 won’t be eligible for the new benefits until weeks beginning December 27.
• 11 weeks added to PEUC – This extension program available once someone runs out of their up to 26 weeks of regular UI benefits can now provide a total of up to 24 weeks of benefits for those who remain eligible. Approximately 1.5 million Californians have collected PEUC benefits over the last four weeks. Just like with PUA, the new 11 weeks of PEUC benefits
can only be paid for weeks beginning December 27.
• FED-ED Extension remains up to 20 weeks of benefits – Instead of
dropping down to a maximum of 13 weeks, the continued federal funding allows the FED-ED to continue providing up to 20 weeks of benefits when claimants run out of PEUC benefits.
https://edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/news-20-70.pdf

Last edited by Sweetsunset; 01-02-2021 at 10:17 AM..

Fractured

Old 01-02-2021, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Well, it will all come down to who wins the Senate seats. GOP are driven by job and unemployment numbers, which were lower than they wanted, so that is why they were able to pass some of this relief. Anything else is going to be pulling teeth if Mcconnell stays in charge.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

CC96

Hopefully....
Old 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Hopefully, my claim does not get all messed up and I get screwed out the extra weeks Congress just passed because EDD already put me into the Fed- Ed program for one week of EDD benefits so far. That particular program has a lot stricter work requirements. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens—I may have to call EDD—oh joy
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote