Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Rant

>

NCteacher

Rant
Old 08-04-2021, 06:36 PM

We live next to the WORST neighbors! They have huge parties on holidays and random days of the week. Because of the way their house is situated, when they have these parties, the noise is awful- but it only affects us. They blast music, scream and laugh until all hours of the morning and are a general nuisance. The neighbors on the other side moved away because it got so bad. On Christmas Eve, they kept us up until 3 am. For some reason, tonight is party night again. We have spoken to the police and made noise complaints. Sometimes the police speak to them, sometimes they just drive by. The neighbors are very hostile and donít speak English, so when we tried to speak to them, it did no good. It is 10:30 at night here, and they just cranked the music up so loud that I can hear it clearly in my house. Itís ridiculous.

Ok rant over. I was trying to get back into some good sleep habits for school, but it doesnít like that will happen tonight.

NCteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Rant
Old 08-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Oh, sweetie, I feel your pain. I had that neighbor for 30 years. Keep calling PD. Eventually they will get a hefty fine.

Ours moved out about 3 years ago and rented out the house. He moved back in last week.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-04-2021, 06:59 PM

Oh man! Thatís just mean to move out and. Then come back. If possible, Iíd sell our house in a heartbeat to get away from them, but financiallly that just isnít a possibility.

The PD basically told us that since we are the only ones complaining, that it ďlooks badĒ. We pointed out that the reason we are the only one complaining is that their house is behind and diagnose to our house and the only other house is on the other side of them- and they have family living there that enjoys their little get togethers. There are currently 24 cars parked up and down the street. SighÖ

JanetL

Old 08-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Do you have a mayor or alderman to discuss this with? It seems like your community needs a noise ordinance.
JanetL is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 08-04-2021, 07:54 PM

What language do your neighbors speak? In Mexico where I live, itís common to have loud parties in residential areas. I think thatís because no one really has a lot of space, so they all just have to tolerate each otherís noise. When in a different culture, however, itís important to adapt to the norms there. Your neighbors need to be more respectful.

bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 08-04-2021, 08:16 PM

I would take pictures of the cats and record video of the noise with time stamps.

I don't care if it's only you. If it's loud they are ignoring noise ordinances after 11pm in most places I know. I'd call the cops every hour until it quiets down.

If cops won't do anything I'd send photos and recordings to my town officials and quote what the cops said.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

maryteach

We had friends who had neighbors
Old 08-05-2021, 03:20 AM

that partied until all hours. So about 6:00 one morning, after a rager the night before that went until about 3 am, my friend made coffee, walked over to the house, rang the bell over and over until they got up and answered the door, then greeted them like sunshine: "Good morning! I made you coffee!"

They looked at her weird, took the coffee, said thank you, and closed the door. Presumably, they then went back to bed.

Fifteen minutes later, she was back, ringing their doorbell, this time with pancakes she made for them. Same thing, she announced, "I made you pancakes!"

Fifteen minutes after that, she was back with bacon.

She kept ringing their doorbell ALL MORNING LONG, every 15-30 minutes with their breakfast. She brought donuts, cereal, just kept coming over and ringing that doorbell. Anybody trying to sleep in that house that morning got no sleep. Sort of like the neighbors the night before.

Sadly, we moved away and I never did find out if she cured those neighbors or made them shoot her lol.
maryteach is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-05-2021, 07:06 AM

That is hysterical!!!

Our neighbors are Vietnamese. They are not very nice and they donít like me. I caught some of the kids riding their bikes up and down along side our fence taunting our dog. They didnít know I was outside and hollered at them to leave him alone.

The neighbor that moved away complained directly to them, and they responded by throwing rotting fruit at her house. Charming.

They went till 1 in the morning last night.

Ruby tunes

NCteacher
Old 08-05-2021, 08:03 AM

How horrible! It’s time to contact your city council and/or county board of supervisors. Show up at a meeting. Buy a noise meter and make a video recording with sound to prove your point. NO ONE should have to live like that! Your PD’s excuse is ridiculous. Time to make an appointment with the chief! It will take some doing on your part but I know from personal experience that this problem can be dealt with successfully. I had a similar problem where I used to live but the situation greatly improved after I took the steps mentioned above. Good luck!
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-05-2021, 06:57 PM

I'd go over the police officers and contact your city council person and/or go to your state rep. Do they own the home? If not, find out the owner and let them know about the problem. That is what my parents did when they had a problem with the renters next door.

klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 08-05-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
The neighbor that moved away complained directly to them, and they responded by throwing rotting fruit at her house. Charming.
It makes me mad when someone who is clearly in the wrong tries to hurt those who just want common decency and consideration. I hope your neighbors called the police.
bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote