Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

WW Question

>

NCteacher

WW Question
Old 08-03-2021, 12:07 PM

I think I am going to have to join WW to lose weight. I just visited their site and am a little overwhelmed with the different plans. One of my issues is that Iíve had one knee replacement and need another. I am trying to put that off as long as I possibly can, so physical activity is a challenge for me.

Anyone use WW and want to share with plan they use? I donít want to go to in person meetings because my schedule is crazy.

NCteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

mooseman

I am!!
Old 08-03-2021, 12:39 PM

I am using the Blue plan with access to meetings. I could go in person but donít. I Love the Zoom meetings. I turn off my screen and mic and clean the house while I listen. I think I can send you a friend invite and we each get a free month.
mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote

nucleus

Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 PM

I'm using the green plan. When I joined, I took a quiz to decide which plan I should be using. I have used blue in the past and green really does fit me better.

Supposedly you should be able to lose weight even if you don't exercise. The losses will be smaller, but it is doable.

I only use the digital format which means I don't go to meetings. I really like the connect feature. It gives me inspiration.
nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-03-2021, 12:59 PM

Iím confused, because I see the digital plan, digital 360 plan and a couple of others. I donít see color coded plans.

MKat

Old 08-03-2021, 02:09 PM

I'm on purple, digital only. Though right now I'm not even on that because our credit card got stolen while we were out of town with my Mother In Law on hospice. Between the stress and the details, we haven't gotten everything switched and WW fell through the cracks. I'm trying to be somewhat compliant still, but miss the app and plan to get back to it.

That said, after you choose how you are going to participate in ww, (digital, etc.) you take a quiz and it will recommend a color plan for you. Or you can just choose.

I have chosen purple because I find it very easy to follow. On purple you have lots of free foods and only really count points when you eat fats, sugars, and refined carbs. The color plans have varying levels of counting you do, so some people prefer to count most things they eat for accountability, some prefer to minimize counting points.

MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-03-2021, 02:47 PM

I told the quiz online, but I didnít see any color options. It was either the digital plan, digital 360, something else that I canít remember and a 1-1 option. Do I have to commit to a plan to choose a color option?

bGracie

Old 08-03-2021, 03:33 PM

I donít know if you would be interested or not, but you could download the iTrackBites app. Depending on what you want access to, itís either free or about $30 a YEAR. Their plans are identical to WW plans.
bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

mooseman

Colors
Old 08-03-2021, 03:51 PM

The colors refer to which food plan you follow when you are a member (regardless of being online only or meetings included). When you join the app will prompt you to answer questions that helps it suggest what color best fits you. The differences in the programs include more or less points and more or less zero point foods. Iíve tried two different color plans. The change up helped.
mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Ok- that makes sense!

hand

Old 08-03-2021, 04:34 PM

I am lifetime so I donít pay but I need to weigh in at least once a month in person. I did the zoom when the studios were closed. I still do the green plan. I lost 30 pounds in 5 months last year and have kept it off for a year already. Itís a great program. The app is awesome and I also like the connect feature. Let me know if I can answer anything for you down the road.

hand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Old 08-04-2021, 05:51 AM

I was on the blue plan- 200 free foods- points depend on your weight. I switched to iTrackBites after a few months- $30 a year. I use the better balance program which is similar but not the exactly the same as blue. Iíve lost 45 pounds since Jan. 1st. I didnít want any meetings or even online counseling- just the tracking. This has really worked for me.
Sam5 is offline   Reply With Quote

tatapatch

3 Different Subscription plans:
Old 08-05-2021, 12:16 PM

There are 3 different subscription plans:

1. Workshops and Digital - That allows you to access online meetings via zoom, have the app, and go to workshops in person, if you like. It is also the most expensive plan.

2. Digital - Gives you just the app/website access, nothing more. The least expensive.

3. Digital360 - Gives you "little nuggets" of information plus the app. They have "live" workshops to attend, but you can't interact with someone like you would with workshops and digital. You would want this option if you are good with technology. If you aren't good with technology but just want the app, I would go with digital.

I work for them part-time, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
tatapatch is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteacher

Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 PM

Thank you for explaining that! I have a two week free trial with the app, and signed up for the digital 360 plan. Thereís a lot there to look at. Because Iíve had a knee replacement, my activity level is restricted, so Iím not sure how much I will get outbid some of the bids. I did WW a long time ago and lost about 20 pounds. I have a lot more than that to lose, so the bar code scanner and tracking is wonderful!