Help

ARCHIVE

I took the plunge!

>

Tatha

I took the plunge!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got rid of my teacher desk. It was very liberating. However, I now see so many things strewn on desktops right now that came from my desk drawers. This will force me to purge unneeded things, but I'm still worried about storage. If you also got rid of your desk, please post some pictures and/or ideas of how you organize the materials that you used to keep in your desk. Thanks!

Tatha is offline   Reply With Quote

ccsteacher001

Old 07-28-2010, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I got rid of my desk so many years ago that I can't even remember what I used to keep in it.

The really funny thing is that most of what I used a desk for (other than piles) is now kept within my computer so even though I say I have no desk, my computer area has become my "desk area". I keep 1 cute polka dot cup filled with pens, highlighters, etc. just for me. I have some sticky notes on the bottom of the monitor in a little indented area. I also have a tray that hangs below the computer cart and I keep a few frequently used file folders there. Student info, field trip, AR, science fair, and speech competition folders. That's really about it I think. I don't know what else I used to have in the desk but I know the top of it was always piled high with papers and stuff. I'm truly much more organized this way. I have just what I need when I need it and am forced to file papers or recycle them as I get them instead of piling them up. I guess that's the other thing I have added ... a paper only recycling bin beside my computer area.

Good luck with it! I think you will be glad you made the move.
ccsteacher001 is offline   Reply With Quote