Help

BusyBoard

Classroom Theme

>

Ms. Teacher#1

Your Classroom Theme
Old 07-30-2010, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have never done a classroom theme before and I am thinking of maybe playing around with the idea of creating a Team or Teamwork Theme. I usually stick to a color theme. Has anyone done this or something similar? If not, what theme are you using this year?

I had a very tough bunch last school year where students were just plain mean to each other. This year I am doing going to work more on a bully free zone & incoporating new behavior management( one is clip chart & bucket filling).

Last edited by Ms. Teacher#1; 07-30-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Ms. Teacher#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

dee0404

Theme every year
Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have done a theme every year that I have taught. The first year it was teamwork and we did a sports theme. The next two years were "Under Construction" themes because we were in the process of building, moving into a new school. Last year our theme was detectives and this year we will be doing a Hollywood (star) theme.
Having a class theme is a great way to pull the students together and make them a cohesive unit. We allow the students as a whole to come up with a team name based on the theme and a team logo. They take great pride in these. I love that you are doing bucket fillers as well. Last year I did bucket fillers for the first time because we knew that we had a rough group of kids coming in. They bullied each other, tattled, didn't get along, etc. I can not even begin to tell you how much bucket fillers and the classroom environment changed that. By the middle of the year, the third grade teachers were coming to our room, amazed at how different the kids were.
I hope that these themes help. Even though they sound like fruffy themes, they always get tied back to the curriculum. This keeps administration happy as well! Good luck!
dee0404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms. Teacher#1

Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Wow, I would love to be a kid in your classroom. It takes dedication to build such themes year after year and I like that you tie it to something meaningful. If I do a theme I definitely want it to be tied to the curriculum or have a purpose.

Also I think about the money spent. Once I buy all of these decorations, what will I do with them? Do you sell them or give it away?

tia

last year's theme
Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

for me was Sports: We're a Team! here is a link to some photos:
http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...d.php?t=197074

this year my theme is Travel: An Education Takes You Places!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms. Teacher#1

Tia
Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You had a lot of very creative boards! I especially liked the Welcome sign on your door. I heading to Target to see if I can find cheap to follow this through.

Ms. Teacher#1

Teachandbeach
Old 07-31-2010, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I checked out your site and wow! Aside from the beautiful themes you have great tips on management. It shows your dedication. Thank you for sharing.