Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Jamberry Nail Wraps

>

hoppalong

Jamberry Nail Wraps
Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 PM

A friend is having an online party for Jamberry nail wraps. I have never purchased them before, and won't have the opportunity to try them before I buy (if I do indeed decide to purchase any).

For PTers who have used them, I need some advice...
*Are they worth the price (about $15.00 per sheet of wraps)?
*Are they easy to apply?...take off?
*Do they harm/damage nails after prolonged or consistent use?
*Any tips/advice for new Jamberry users?

TIA

hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

crackerjill

Old 07-23-2015, 06:18 PM

I tried them. I didn't like them. I couldn't get them to lay perfectly flat and smooth, and therefore couldn't keep from picking at them. Which made them come off in less than a day.

Definitely not worth the money for me. I like a nice, clean, smooth, flat manicure. Maybe I wasn't applying it right, but if that's the case then it was just too much work, I tried a couple of the different application techniques, and got bubbles/unsealed edges each time.

I wasn't a fan, but I know others who swear by them. Definitely cheaper than my $45/2 weeks no chip manicure.
crackerjill is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 07-23-2015, 06:18 PM

I think Jamberry nails are very cute, but they are not easy for me to apply. They advertise that the wraps look good for two weeks, but they look good on my nails for about 3-4 days. I think they might work somewhat better on flatter nails than mine. Mine tend to be a bit curved. There are some great tips for applying them on YouTube, but they didn't work well for me.
bGracie is online now   Reply With Quote

coaches wife

Old 07-23-2015, 06:34 PM

I have never worn these. However, I purchased several sheets of these for my 10 year old daughter. They are HORRIBLE!!!! It takes quite a while to put them on and then they come off quickly. I have tried every technique possible with the same results. I would say a waste if money.
coaches wife is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 07-23-2015, 07:06 PM

I like them I always do the buy 3, get one free which makes them about $11 each. It does take a little while to get them on but once you learn a few little tricks they stick really well. A manicure lasts about 3 days for me, jamberrys last about 10 days.

I love the fun designs and colors and like to do mix and match.

PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Daphne333

Old 07-23-2015, 07:08 PM

I don't like them. They were hard to apply and they didn't stick for very long. I wash my hands a lot. The plastic layers also started to peal apart. Too expensive for the time and hassle.
Daphne333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 07-23-2015, 07:15 PM

I love them! I've bought far too many.

Worth it? IMO, yes. I can get two manicures and part of a pedicure plus some accent nails out of one sheet.

Difficult? The first couple of times weren't ideal, but now I can do it in about 10-15 minutes. That seems long until you realize there's no dry time. When you're done, you're done. No waving your hands around and remembering not to touch anything.

Harmful? I've been using them since May, and I haven't seen any. I wear them almost constantly. The main consequence has been that my nails don't break as often! They're much longer than they were.

Mine last almost two weeks before they look ratty. My salon manicures last 3-4 days before they look ratty.

ETA: I also do the buy 3, get 1 deal - which is why I have too many!
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 07-23-2015, 07:21 PM

I had a reaction to the adhesive after two days.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Miller

Old 07-23-2015, 07:30 PM

*Are they worth the price (about $15.00 per sheet of wraps)? buy a sheet and decide for yourself. Personally I go back and forth with the worth part. I do love being able to stop and attend to my kids in the middle, whereas with nail polish it would be impossible.
*Are they easy to apply?...take off?easy, yes. time-consuming, yes. Easy to take off, IMO.
*Do they harm/damage nails after prolonged or consistent use?what I found harmed my nails is if you take them off the wrong way. If you don't slowly peel it back with using oil or nail polish remover, you will damage the incoming nails and have broken tips...as mine currently are.
*Any tips/advice for new Jamberry users? check out tons of youtube tutorials; you can do the job with a pair of kid scissors and a blow dryer; you do need a good nail file; No matter what I do or which application I try, my nails don't last longer than a week.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 AM

For me they are a whole lot easier than trying to paint my off hand!

I like them a lot. They can take time to put on the right way, but once you know how to put them on, the time is really minimal. I use a plastic baggie and wrap that around the tip of my finger and heat to seal the tips and it works really well.

They last on my nails for about 2 weeks , then I change them. I am an avid hand washer and they stayed fine on my nails from all the washing.

I can get two complete wears from each sheet, then I use the rest for accent nails.

You do need to make sure you take them off the recommended way or you could damage the nail underneath.

I was a nail biter up until just over a year ago. Jamberry has helped me grow my nails out and I have noticed that when I am wearing the Jamberry my nails are less likely to break.

choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 07-24-2015, 04:28 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to do the buy 3, get 1 free deal. I figure if I don't like them, I can give the unused wraps away as small gift items.
hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Candiqueen

Old 07-24-2015, 08:01 AM

During the online party, request a free sample. If you do that at the beginning of the party it will come with two or three days and then you can try before you buy.
Candiqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Truman'sMom

Old 07-24-2015, 08:28 AM

I don't like them, but have many friends who do. For me, they were difficult to put on and came off quickly. I think I am rough with my hands.

I agree that you should request a sample and try them for yourself before you buy. I requested a sample, but didn't try it before I bought because I had just had a manicure. I regret my purchase.
Truman'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM

My tips for a good wrap.....

Make sure your nails are dry, any oil will keep the wrap from adhering. I wipe mine with rubbing alcohol first.

Use the baggie method to press the tips (search youtube for jamberry baggie method)

Use a new fairly rough file to cut the tips and wait until the wraps cool to file those tips (i.e. do the whole hand and then go back and remove the tips)

Slightly too small is better than slightly too big, don't let any of the wrap touch skin or cuticle, it will start to lift quickly.
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Snicklesnack

Jamberry
Old 07-24-2015, 03:57 PM

I won't ever go back to nail polish!! Jamberry lasts so much longer and has such cute patterns. In my experience, they always stay nice for at least a week, often more like 10 days......as long as I apply them correctly. An important step in that process is to clean every nail carefully with alcohol. Skipping this step makes them peel. Also, no part of the "Jam" can be overlapping cuticle or skin. Choose a size slightly smaller than the nail. Overlap on skin or cuticle is another sure fire guarantee that they will peel. Don't be afraid to heat the jams for longer than the directions say....it's almost impossible to heat them too much. But heat them not enough and....yep, you guessed it....they'll peel. I know this sounds complicated, but it's really not and it gets easier every time. I've been using them for more than a year and I can get a full set completed in 10 minutes. I can't even drive to the salon in that time.
Snicklesnack is offline   Reply With Quote

CLHS

Jamberry
Old 07-24-2015, 04:59 PM

I was very skeptical of Jamberry nails when I was invited to a friend's party. I purchased one sheet to help her party and decided I didn't have anything to lose. I never have "pretty" nails because nail polish chips off almost immediately and the gel manicure I had once ruined my nails. I couldn't believe how well they held up! I didn't find them that tricky to apply and they lasted on my nails for a little over 2 weeks! Because I loved them so much, I ended up buying a consultant kit to get a discount on my products (and the extra cash I've made on the side has been NICE!).

To answer your questions:
*Are they worth the price (about $15.00 per sheet of wraps)? YES! Each sheet does 2 manicures AND 2 pedicures (and some people end up with a few accent nails as well)! I can't get 2 manicures and 2 pedicures for 15 bucks anywhere!
*Are they easy to apply?...take off? There are tons of videos out there...watch them before you apply yours. I think it's easy if you follow the directions. If you end up falling in love with them, invest in the mini-heater...it's the best! Taking off is super easy too. Whatever you do, DON'T peel them because you can ruin your nails that way. Some girls like to use coconut oil, others use nail polish remover, it's all a personal preference.
*Do they harm/damage nails after prolonged or consistent use? I haven't had any troubles with mine and I've applied them every 2 weeks since January. I've had a few girls have trouble with some peeling of their nails, but that's been a hydration issue, not a Jamberry issue.
*Any tips/advice for new Jamberry users? Check out the youtube videos (there's some great ones directly on the Jamberry site and then lots of other videos from other women). Have fun, mix and match your jams, and enjoy!
CLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
CLHS
Old 07-24-2015, 05:00 PM
This message has been deleted by CLHS.

FancyFish

Old 07-25-2015, 06:05 AM

I am not a fan. A friend sells them and raves about how well they stay on, but if you look closely at her nails only a couple of days after application, they are a mess. They were also a pain to put on. I prefer to stick with my gel polish. Also, I thought they were quite expensive.
FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

ArnieTheDonut

Old 07-26-2015, 04:57 PM

They are cute and fun!!!

I needed my friend to come over and show me how to put them on. I get bumps once in a while and that's annoying... It takes me about 30 min to put on and I feel like it is a "set it and forget it" thing where I put in the time and then they look cute for 1-2 weeks.

The downside is that my nails peel when I take them off It doesnt happen to my friends tho...
ArnieTheDonut is offline   Reply With Quote