Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Prayers Answered

>

Sprite

Prayers Answered
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 PM

I pray often and I was thinking about this today but I don’t think I’ve ever really gotten an answer to my prayer. I feel like I was sent my DH because I prayed for him but other than that I don’t feel moved to do certain things through prayer.

Or feel like I’ve been given a sign after praying.

Do you? What does it feel like or look like?

Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

brooks56

Yes
Old 08-12-2018, 04:54 AM

Many of my prayers have been answered in my life. I also feel like I've seen signs from above. Looking back on my life most of my prayers have been what I prayed for. A few instances were not. Remember, sometimes a prayer is answered with not now or the time is not right. Prayer has been a big part of my life.
brooks56 is offline   Reply With Quote

r9miles

prayer
Old 08-12-2018, 05:19 AM

I pray as a regular part of my life. I am constantly in conversation with God. I also set apart specific time for the sole purpose of praying. When I pray, I pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. ( Not just to the universe at large. My God has a name and my prayer a receiver) I pray with complete faith that my prayers will be answered. That doesn't mean that I believe my prayers will be granted but answered.

My prayers are answered in many ways. I have had two visions. One was the words print shop floating past my eyes. That was an answer to a prayer request for someone about a job. They got the job and the employer was desperate for a qualified candidate to apply. The second time was a person's name in lights like the big ole circle lights that were popular above bathroom mirrors in the 80's and 90's. I could also explain it like her name on a big marquee. That was a hard answer because it required obedience as well. I was given that name and the knowledge that I was to call a friend from high school who I spoke to maybe every couple years and ask her to allow someone she didn't know to move in with her for a time. She was a single mom with two kids. I had a bit of an argument with the Lord, but I did it anyway. I did scared. She said yes and it worked out to be an amazing situation for both of them.

I also hear answers in my inner being. The voice sounds like my inner voice but with a different authority and strength so at the time I KNOW it is not from me. BUT I also know it is a part of me. My God endowed me with the Holy Spirit when I was saved and this means that He is part of my conscience, my soul.

One of my favorite answers to prayer has been when I prayed diligently for strong Christian women FRIENDS, not acquaintances. He has answered that in droves. I have a relatively new friend who sharpens me and makes me a better person. She loves me too much to let me stay in my junk.

I currently lead a women's Bible study and we have a time after that anyone who would like can stay for corporate prayer. We laid hands on a woman prayed for healing of her legs and back after a long illness. She is no longer experiencing pain and her doctor has confirmed her condition is resolved.

My prayer life is not about an easy button magic fairy granting session so I am sorry if it comes across like that. My prayer life has the express purpose of talking to my father, maintaining relationship, being still and listening to his desires and aligning my heart in that way. My faith says that prayer should be accompanied by thankfulness, confession, and repentance. I pray for others as a ministry. Mostly answer to prayer is a calm knowing. Often it is a no that I later learned was in my favor. Often it a waiting in faith, growing in trust. (THe waiting can be years and for some a lifetime).

A prayer journal also has helped me realize all the prayer that has been answered that I could have forgotten about. He wants us to want Him more than answered prayer. That is often my prayer give me a heart like David's make me wholehearted in my desire for you. There is a song that says, " Help me want the healer more than the healing. Help me want the giver more than the giver." That is a great illustration for me.

I will pray that God shows up for you in a BIG way!
r9miles is offline   Reply With Quote

renielen

Old 08-12-2018, 05:26 AM

I needed this this morning! THANK YOU r9miles!
renielen is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 08-12-2018, 05:45 AM

I was raised since an infant going to church and praying. I've prayed very often throughout my life and I know God hears me and blesses me with His miracles. Many hairy situations have happened and there's been a solution. There's been so many "when a door closes, a window opens" situations and I know that's the work of God! I'm so glad there's a higher power I believe in and can depend on.

MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Old 08-12-2018, 03:50 PM

My favorite quote on prayer is "To pray is to let the noise and sounds of the world recede and to hear that soft voice that speaks in the center of your being and says you are my beloved child on whom my favor rests.
Henri Nouwen.
I set aside a specific time each day to sit with God. I have a alarm set on my ipod and when it goes off, everything else gets powered down. This is my time for meditative prayer - my time to listen instead of talking. I talk to God all the time, but that time is set aside for listening.
I have received many signs in my life and sometimes as the song goes, I thank God for unanswered prayers.
I also have a God Box. We talked about this a while ago here on PT, which grew out of this article.

https://www.realsimple.com/work-life...inside-god-box

It has really helped me.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 PM

Its a long story so I won't go into it, but its very obvious that we got our daughter through fervent prayer. I also had a friend reach out to me 3 days after I was at my lowest point with DD in her mental illness and I had specifically asked God to send me someone who could empathize and would listen. BAM! Right in the church parking lot. We have become very close since that evening a little over a year ago. Sometimes too you have to look for the little glimmers of hope, the lights at the end of tunnels. I think that fact that you know someone who works in the foster care system is an answer to prayer. Prayer is not always answered the way we expect and its often done in little spurts. The woman who reached out to me was someone I was sure I had offended two weeks prior to that and I had no idea she raised a step daughter who has bipolar! Look for the little "God winks"!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote