Help

Retired Teachers

50th reunion

>

sonoma

50th reunion
Old 08-02-2022, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ugh! Hard to admit I'm that old - even anonymously.

My high school class did nothing for our 50th reunion. At first I thought I missed it. But no, nothing.Not even a request for volunteers.

The class of 1971 had a virtual reunion with videos and a nice memory book. The class of 1973 is already being planned and the alumni office is requesting volunteers to organize class of 1974.

I don't understand. We were the largest graduating class ever in the history of school. I would have thought there would have been some interest. I live across the country so I probably would not have ben able to attend. But I would have at least helped organize a memory book.

cvt

50th
Old 08-02-2022, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It seems a little odd that there was no 50th reunion. To me, the 50th is an important milestone.

Several scenarios are going through my head: the people who used to organize the previous reunions are unable to do so (illness, disability, death, caregiver, moved too far away) or unwilling (too much work, not as good-looking as before , too many other obligations, lack of interest by classmates for previous reunions, too expensive to organize).

Perhaps you could reach out to the previous organizers and ask why there was no reunion.

kidsrterrific

Reunion
Old 08-02-2022, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Mine is this October as well as my husbandís whose was postponed for a year due to Covid. Iím the same graduating year that you are and our FB group has been quite active. DH has already had three mini reunions. I think it rests entirely on the organizing alumni. CVT may be accurate in some of her assumptions.