Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Moms of babies--help!

>

ljones11

Moms of babies--help!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Where is the best place to get a good deal on diapers? I've heard people talk of various deals/discounts using Diapers.com or Amazon but I have no idea how to get these! I finally ran out of all the diapers we got from the baby shower, and so I've been buying big packs at Walmart. I've been using Pampers, which seem to work, so I'd like to stick with that. But how can I get the very best deal? Do you have any tips for me?

DIAPERS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!

missvicki77

Sams or Costco?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We bought ours from Target (actually the same as Pampers)...my SIL used to work at a Diaper Testing Facility and the Target brand were actually rated just as well (if not better) than the name brands.

Imagine the stories she had to share about work...

astitchshort

Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

a couple of my friends are doing cloth -- it's a big investment at the beginning, but it saves a lot in the end. i think they got theirs from bumgenius.com

rlyndecker

Amazon or Costco
Old 12-26-2010, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When my friend had her baby a couple years ago I did the subscribe and save from Amazon.com it was wonderful, I ordered them and they shipped them to her house. Not sure how cheap they are compared to other places but usually amazon is pretty cheap & there is no contract/no hidden fees etc. you can get as many as you want as often as you want. It really was wonderful, even when she moved it was a lifesaver, I could just change the address!

linderbug

Old 12-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You can sign up for Amazon Mom and you get a discount (30% I think) if you do the subscribe and save...also you get a free trial of Amazon Prime. If you use Swagbucks (search engine that gives points that you can trade in for gift cards including Amazon gift cards!) that can make the deals even better.

Also...if you are using Pampers anyway make sure to sign up for a Gifts to Grow account on their website. When you buy Pampers you can enter the codes to get rewards.

Teach2

diaper deal
Old 12-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I agree with Linderbug...amazon.com is the way to go. Subscribe to Amazon mom to save 30% when you order using subscribe and save (just cancel your subscribe and save subscription after your order has been shipped) and get free two day shipping. Amazon has also has had 20% off coupons in Parents magazine and Parenting the Early Years from time to time. If you get Parents, check out the November issue. There should be a coupon in it that doesn't expire until 12/31. This can be paired with the 30% off to make a really great deal. Amazon also has manufacturer coupons online but I don't think there are any Pampers ones currently but be sure to check that out when you order for a possible extra dollar or so off.

klperry

target
Old 12-26-2010, 10:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

we use Target brand and love them. We had a baby registry and a Target charge card with them and they are always sending us coupons for the store brand. Periodically they are on sale too. The store brand is cheaper than buying Huggies at Sam's.

Alicia G

Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's been a good seven years since I bought diapers for myself (just the occasional pack for a shower every year or so). With a newborn it IS sticker shock, but soon the little angel will be going a lot less and you can get by with a lot less diapers in a day.

Still they are expensive.

I agree with finding an off-brand that works for you. Stick with it. If one store's brand leak, try another. You might have to go through two or three little packages from here and there to figure out which ones fit your baby. And, as your baby grows, you might be able to get away with cheaper and cheaper diapers. Maybe Pampers contain the liquid now, but there will be less liquid in the future and babies' shapes change as they grow up so if cheaper diapers aer leaking around the legs now, in a few weeks, when the legs are more padded that might not be an issue. Be persistent in finding a non-Pampers that works because you will pay more for Pampers.

Also, I agree with the PP who said to investigate GOOD cloth diapers. They'll last through several babies and work great. I used them at home during the day, with disposables when we were out and about or at night when the messes were big. You can get nice ones online and even buy them used (sounds gross, I know but they are bleached and all). When I got cloth diapers, there weren't internet sites for them... When you are all done with them, you sell them and recoup you investment.