Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

New Orleans

>

r9miles

New Orleans
Old 08-25-2018, 01:05 PM

Visiting New Orleans in February. I would love some suggestions for absolute must-dos. I will be staying at the Hilton Riverside and would appreciate ideas possibly in walking distance

r9miles is offline   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Old 08-25-2018, 02:56 PM

The WW2 Museum is awesome and close. I have stayed at the Riverside Hilton before. It's nice. There's a mall connected to it also. And there's a trolley stop right outside the hotel that can take you all the way down to the French Market. Then you can walk back through the Quarter.
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

angelajw

New Orleans
Old 08-26-2018, 09:58 AM

We were just there a few weeks ago. Its all about the food when you go to New Orleans. We splurged and ate at very nice places; Commanders Palace and GW Fins were amazing! We also went to Acme House and Isle of Capri. We went to the WII museum but we didn't like the amount of reading and videos. Everyone had to crowd around the videos at the same time. Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde, St Louis cathedral were my favorite. We spent a lot of time browsing antique shops in the French Quarter and in the Garden District. We walked the streets in the Garden District taking pictures. Depending on when in February you are visiting the city will be in full Mardi Gras mode by the end of the month. There will be parades and balls. If you are interested in a formal night you should try to get tickets to a ball.
angelajw is offline   Reply With Quote