Help

ARCHIVE

No handouts

>

suzrob

No handouts
Old 05-09-2009, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have been told that there cannot be any copied handouts used for the last two weeks of school. We also will have already turned in text books and other resources. The library will be closed for inventory.
We were told to be creative. I have a few ideas but I know you wonderful PTers have many more.
Thanks in advance.

suzrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilacs

Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Board Games (I use my chalkboard to play review games with the whole class). Spelling games like hangman, tic tac toe, etc. Do you have whiteboards and markers or will they will be turned in also. You can play say and spell? Dear Time: books from home, guest readers (parents, staff, etc), star readers (students from the class, or older students). Read Alouds!!
Lilacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Xmeliss06X

creative activities
Old 05-09-2009, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What about some fun science activities/experiements? You could also read some children's books and do activities related to them, maybe read some Eric Carle books and them have the students make collages like the way he did his illustrations.
Xmeliss06X is offline   Reply With Quote

eduAKAtor

Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Transparencies, smart board, clicker (senseo) activities. computer games with games boards. What a bummer? Don't you just love people not in a classroom to tell you to be creative with little ones for 6 hours.
eduAKAtor is offline   Reply With Quote

gr8ideas

how about a field trip to
Old 05-10-2009, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

locate businesses, fire station, etc.?

gr8ideas is offline   Reply With Quote

nirvanapepper

Pocket Chart Jeopardy
Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I just made a Jeopardy game for my kids. I wanted to spice up the next couple of weeks, since we're done with our spelling lists after this week and also our math series.

Anyway, I just wrote some general categories on note cards. For example.. "Spell It, Add It, Subtract It, Define It"...etc... Then you can write spelling/word wall words, math problems etc.. on the question cards.
I've never done this, but I thought it sounded like a neat thing to use my pocket chart for.

I also have 4 tap lights for the "Buzzers" for each of the 4 teams.
nirvanapepper is offline   Reply With Quote

rappinteach

More Ideas
Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

*Sidewalk chalk to do number lines, math problems, spelling words, word families, etc...

*Writing journals- using writing prompts on the board (you can use stapled copy paper or the remainder of a spiral they may have)

*Sign up for computer lab time- www.dovewhisper.com, any other games your district might have, have students create a 4-5 slide powerpoint of things they have learned this year using Scholastic Keys or KidPix

*Use up left over Weekly Readers, National Geographic Magazines

*Public Library- Check out books there if you need more. Teachers can usually check out 25-30 books depending on your library

*Powerpoint games that you have created to review skills

*Go on a nature walk- give them a list of things that they are too look for, let them take magnifying glasses to help them search

*Read in the Dark day- students bring in flashlights and books from home to share. Spend the morning reading books quietly in groups or alone. Sleeping bags/blankets optional

*Mystery Readers- line up parents/grandparents to come read, local folks, district/school personnel, anyone you can think of!

*Science Investigation Week- I spent the last two weeks of last year doing one hands-on science investigation a day. It was a great review of the scientific method!
rappinteach is offline   Reply With Quote

annie13

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

This would drive me crazy!!!!! I try to keep our normal routine all the way to the end so kids behavior stays calm. I would go crazy without resources.
Do you still have a classroom library? Do you have access to paper? I think kids can do the same things on plain paper.
annie13 is offline   Reply With Quote

N2Teaching

Teacher for the Day
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I am going to try it this year. It sure sounds like fun for my kiddos! I found it on PT. Worth a try!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Teacher for the Day.doc (202.0 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by N2Teaching; 05-10-2009 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: attachment
N2Teaching is offline   Reply With Quote

alarock

A play
Old 05-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

We are going to put on a play for our school. Bad Wolf Press has many plays that can be ordered for first graders. We will be performing Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It's a great end-of-year activity because it involves reading, singing (the plays come with a CD of songs to perform), art for the background, costumes... It also allows students to experience first hand how reading with expression is so important.

Best of all, it will consume two full weeks in a fun and educational way!

alarock is offline   Reply With Quote