Looking For Classroom Pen Pals!

>

Mrs. Cohen

Mrs. Cohen

Looking For Classroom Pen Pals!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,

I'm hoping to set up a pen pal exchange for my whole class for NEXT school year. I teach 2nd grade so I am looking for a class of the same age. I think this would be a really motivating and fun idea to get my students excited about writing! We are based in Florida.

Thanks!
Mrs. Cohen

TeacherBug08

Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Mrs. Cohen- I am interested! I teach 2nd grade from the Midwest. We're you thinking Of kids blog or something over the computers? I'd like to hear your ideas.
TeacherBug08 is offline   Reply With Quote

HeidiZissou

Pen Pal Exchange
Old 04-28-2015, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Mrs. Cohen,

I would love to do a pen pal exchange with your class. I teach 2nd grade in Nebraska on a Native American Reservation and would like the opportunity to have my students learn about communities outside of our reservation, which many do not get the chance to experience.

If you are interested, please let me know!

HeidiZissou
HeidiZissou is offline   Reply With Quote

tweet

penpals
Old 05-06-2015, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I teach in a small, rural, Title I school in East Texas. I would be interested in being penpals, too. We average 18-21 students per class, mostly low-income, about 10-15% Hispanic/ESL children that are bilingual.
tweet is offline   Reply With Quote

carlfrog

Old 05-10-2015, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would love to join this exchange. It sounds like we have a variety of backgrounds. I am moving up to second grade and am looking forward to connecting with other classes. I will have about 20-24 students, live in Castle Rock, CO (suburb of Denver), and will start the 2015-2016 school year in August. Is there a way to make this a blog so we can all participate OR break up and send postcards? Let me know what you think?!

carlfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Depend

Pen Pals
Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Mrs. Cohen,

I'd love to pen pal with you all. I am moving to 2nd grade from 4th grade and think this would be great for kids. Would you want to do it digitally? We are in Colorado.

Susie
Depend is offline   Reply With Quote

debranb

Pen pals
Old 06-23-2015, 01:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would also like to participate. We begin school in August . Second grade with about 24 students. We are in South Carolina

Last edited by debranb; 06-23-2015 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Additional information
debranb is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnson13

Johnson13

Me too!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I would love to participate in a pen pal exchange! I teach at a title 1 school in North Carolina with an average of 19-22 students. Please let me know if anyone is interested in doing this with my class. School will start for us in August.

JeanW

Two classes in Texas
Old 07-20-2015, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Greetings All -

We are two second grade classes in Bryan, Texas looking for pen pals. We are located about 90 miles northwest of Houston in the twin city of College Station/Texas A&M University. We will probably be somewhere in the size of 20-22 kids in each class. We are looking to be pen pals with two other classes hopefully in the same school somewhere in the United States. We imagine this to be at least a monthly letter-writing experience and eventually growing into a chance to Skype with each other, as well as continue to write letters. Please contact me PM if you are interested in doing this.
JeanW is offline   Reply With Quote

JeanW

Still need a Pen Pal?
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Greetings -

Are you still looking for a pen pal class? We are a second grade class of about 24 students at a Title 1 school in Bryan, TX (right next to College Station - home of the Texas Aggies). Are you interested in doing a pen pal program with about a monthly mailing of letters and then eventually adding some Skype to it?

Let me know,
Jean Wolff

JeanW is offline   Reply With Quote

cindy27

Pen Pal
Old 08-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I would love to be pen pals with another 2nd grade class! I have done this twice, and the kiddos loved it! We start school on August 17. We are in Smyrna, Delaware. I will have approximately 20-23 students. If you still need pen pals, please keep me in mind.
Thanks for your consideration.
cindy27 is offline   Reply With Quote