Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Teenage boys and Easter baskets

>

coaches wife

Teenage boys and Easter baskets
Old 03-14-2016, 06:00 AM

My nephews are coming to our house for Easter this year so I am in charge of Easter baskets. Both boys are 15 and not really "into" anything. My sister-in-law hates "stuff". However, I have a 4 year old and a 10 year old who still believe. I need ideas for the boys baskets.

Thanks

coaches wife is offline   Reply With Quote

h0kie

Easter Baskets
Old 03-14-2016, 06:03 AM

I've seen this a couple times on Pinterest. My DS is 3, so I don't need it yet.

I've also seen baskets made out of boxes of candy (that's what I'm doing for DH).
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
h0kie is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 AM

Do you need ideas for the baskets themselves, or for what to put in them, or for how to present them?

I found our party store had take out type containers in bright spring colors. With some "grass" on the bottom, there's enough space for a few candy treats without having to add a ton of candy. Good for my grown kids (20-30-40-something...we are spanning 3 decades at the moment!). I buy really good candies, but not a lot! My kids especially love chocolate covered espresso beans...

Even big kids like active toys like kites and bubbles (or maybe a baseball or whiffle ball or lacrosse ball?) in the spring if they haven't gotten out much all winter.

We have had fun writing clues in verse for kids to follow in order to find their baskets. Harder clues for the older kids...they go to the location described and find the next clue. Each kid gets a different set of clues that leads to his/her basket. (Nowadays with "mature" kids, I just put the little take out containers on the table as place cards).
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

MACMama

Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 AM

Those boys will be happy with a basket full of candy. I don't know how much you want to spend, but you could give a gift card to the local cinema as well. Teens aren't that hard to please if you don't go all cutsie on them.
MACMama is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 03-14-2016, 07:39 AM

The teen boys will care about whats in the basket but they could care less about the actual basket. I would either go very cheap on the baskets or reuse some that you already have. Just sayin...

MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Teen Basket
Old 03-14-2016, 08:06 AM

Give a basket with a message. The message says the they should look for a golden or silver egg. Put two eggs out with cash in them. Even if it is a small amount of cash they will enjoy finding it to use on a future purchase. Maybe a tiny piece of candy to go with it.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

PCSLackey

Candy, candy, candy!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:11 AM

Ditto PP who said teenage boys will be happy with a basket full of candy. Ask your sister what their favorite treats are and just fill 'em up.

If you're wanting non-candy ideas, perhaps steal some ideas from teenage boy stocking-stuffers like: earbuds, gum, hat, sports magazine, etc...

Have fun with it! I love putting together DH and DS' easter baskets. It's nothing extravagant at all, but it is thoughtful and I have fun with it.
PCSLackey is offline   Reply With Quote

OmahaTeacher

these are cute
Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 PM

What a nice aunt you are! I think these are cute. Put an itunes gift card in it or something and you're set!
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
OmahaTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

SteelerFan

Snacks
Old 03-14-2016, 02:57 PM

Boys always like food, right???? Maybe some snack foods instead of candy would seem more "grown up". Add in an iTunes or card for downloads and some little eggs with various amounts of change.
SteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 PM

I like the pic Hokie posted - cute idea! As ours got older we started giving them a chocolate bunny and put a gift card in one of those giant eggs. We still do that for the boys now that they are married, and since DD is 16, that is what she gets now too.

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

tweet

Big kids and Easter baskets
Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 AM

We just set a family rule with my boys, who were the oldest of the cousins, that Easter baskets ended when they became teenagers. This year will be my nephew's last--he'll turn 13 in May. I do still give them one thing that's their favorite. My 32 year old son gets some Peeps, and my 27 year old son gets Reese's peanut butter eggs. My 16 yr. old niece will get a chocolate bunny. My grandkids are 4, 4, and 2.5--they get the full shabang!!
One thing I include in my nephew's basket is fishing gear. He loves to fish, so he gets plastic worms and lures.
tweet is offline   Reply With Quote