Help

ARCHIVE

child moving - Need idea - FAST

>

N2Teaching

child moving - Need idea - FAST
Old 11-18-2008, 04:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a little girl whose last day will be on Thursday. I would like to do something special for her before she leaves. I plan to have a little "party" for her, but I would also like for the class to make something for her to keep. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

I teach first, so it can be too extreme for my kiddos!

N2Teaching is offline   Reply With Quote

happygirl444

Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One my girls moved recently. We made her a class book--each child had a page in it to draw and write. They wrote what they liked about the little girl. I also had them sign a class card for her and decorate it. I printed and enlarged a class picture and put it on the front.

Then we sent her out of the room for a few minutes and put streamers on and around her desk. Her mom brought in doughnuts and I brought in juice and we presented her with our stuff (plus a few other little Scholastic books I threw in). It was quite nice.
happygirl444 is offline   Reply With Quote

oboyd

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I had a child move recently. It was in the middle of our school concert (a very busy time), so I made a poster. One side had a title saying something like "Goodbye" or Good Luck" (I can't quite remember) and I stuck pictures I had taken throughout the year. On the reverse side of the poster paper I asked the students to sign their name, and write a small message if they wanted to. I then laminated it.

I teach Year 1/2 and they found this task quite simple and not too time consuming.

Good luck!
oboyd is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

memento
Old 11-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When one of mine left last year, I bought a solid color Tshirt and fabric writing pens. I gave him the shirt and pens and allowed him to have all of his classmates (and friends from other classes) sign the shirt so he could take a remembrance of his time at our school with him. He really loved it.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote

middie mom

Goodbye Gift
Old 11-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I posted this on the 1st grade board, but it fits for any classroom.

When a student moves away, we make them a good dreams pillowcase. I have each student draw a picture using fabric crayons. I cut copy machine paper into 4x6 inch rectangles. Then I iron the pictures onto a pillowcase. Be sure to remind the kids not to write any words, because they will come out backwards. With 1st grade add the student names myself, either by writing them backwards on the paper using fabric crayons, or writing them directly on the pillowcase using a sharpie marker. Older students could probably write their name on the back of the paper and then trace it "backwards" on the front side. We try to keep this a surprise for the first student who moves away. After that it becomes a class tradition.

middie mom is offline   Reply With Quote

only4Him

Shirt
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We have school t-shirts so I bought one for her and the kids all signed it with a fabric pen. I heard she wears it every night to bed. Her mom says she loves it!
only4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

srsaunde

Rock Ceremony
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I heard about this from a book and can't remember the name--but the idea is this: You gather the students together and pass a small rock around (a skipping stone or so, they sell the big bags at craft stores). As each person gets the rock, they tell a wish or memory they have for the student moving. Make sure you get the rock last and say something like, now we have stored up our wishes and memories in this small rock. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you can carry us with you. If you need a good thought or a special memory, take out this rock and think of us!
srsaunde is offline   Reply With Quote

N2Teaching

Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks for all your ideas! WOW! So many to choose from!!! Thanks again!
N2Teaching is offline   Reply With Quote