Help

ARCHIVE

Need ocean theme for door

>

jo

Need ocean theme for door
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Thanks for all the great ideas I have seen on this board! I have searched the archives and all of this is wonderful.
Anyway, my theme is ocean. Every year, according to my theme I decorate my door and the walls beside it (about 2 feet on each side and top) with something theme related. Last year, my theme was bears, and I had my door decorated like the 3 Little Bears Cottage. My door stays decorated all year.
I need an idea for my door which also goes beyond the door itself, if you understand this. It has to be ocean related. Can anybody help? Thanks.

jo is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2shop

Hi Jo!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe you could do some sort of over the top Sand Castle that would go over the door and sides - you could make it out of sand paper! )
I'm also doing an ocean theme - I can't WAIT!
luv2shop is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieB.

beach cabana
Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love the idea of the sand castle! Also, you could use a beach cabana, like the striped ones you see in pictures. Paul Brent is an artist I just love, and I have some "cababa" prints he's done hanging in my bathroom at home. You can go to art.com and find his pictures to give you and idea of how it should look.
AngieB. is offline   Reply With Quote

NiCole80

Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Can you explain more about the sandcastle door? I am really interested.

Thanks
NiCole80 is offline   Reply With Quote

MTH treasures

ocean door
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You can always hot glue ocean fabric to the entire door. Cut out for any windows and door knob and you're done!! I have two narrow windows in mine. I found some ocean cling-ons for the top window and covered them with blue cellophane so it looks like you're looking underwater. (This is see-through so "state test people" can still see in during testing week.) The bottom window is covered with the material because we really don't use it. I also covered my other windows with the blue cellophane. I have fish nets strung across them with sea creatures (fabric water toys and beanie babies) hung in the net. I also have airbrushed ocean animals hanging from the ceiling made from foam board that a former teacher assistant made for me.

Last edited by MTH treasures; 07-19-2007 at 08:54 AM..
MTH treasures is offline   Reply With Quote