Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

I want to go to school!!

>

girlonafarm

I want to go to school!!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We worked a total of 6 1/2 days in December due to weather and Christmas break. We still haven't went back to school from break. We are scheduled to go back on Monday, but it is snowing now (6-10 inches by tomorrow) then we get a break in the weather on Sunday only to get more snow Monday into Tuesday. Things really aren't looking good right now! I was hoping to get back into the routine next week, but looks like I'll still be here. Crossing my fingers that the snow will go the other way! I want/need to get back to school. I miss my kiddos (really didn't think I'd ever say that with this group)!

jeanmarie

Winter!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have about 40 in. on the ground - running out of places to pile it!! Luckily, not too many days of school have been missed - a few early outs and late starts. We're used to snow in large amounts though - although not THIS huge. At the moment we're having ground blizzard conditions - can hardly see for the blowing snow. I'm looking for a "load-and-go" at any time for the schools around here. Evening events are already begin postponed. Is there such a thing as a normal routine in the winter?

Mackenzie AK

Can we have some?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I live in Alaska and we can't get snow!! We get a little at a time but that is about it!!! When I was growing up we would get 60-80 inches of snow and could ski and snowmachine to our hearts content. Not anymore!!!We have very little snow but COLD temps. If the temp is going to be cold we might as well have enough snow to go with it!!!

How do you make up all of the snow days???

girlonafarm

Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'll gladly give it away! I've had my share of snow for the year. We make up days in a few ways depending on how many we miss. Most of the time days are added on at the end of the year, but if we miss a lot we go on Saturdays to make up the time. There were districts near us last year that had to extend their school day to make up for lost time...I'm afraid this is where we are headed!

RockinOutMath

Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Wow! That's a lot of days off. Do you make them all up at the end of the year? We do, but only had our first today. Hope you get back into a routine soon. I know how far behind I would feel with all that time away!

packerfan

Like pp
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is alot of off days. Our winter (midwest) has been very mild! Thank GOODNESS!!! I dislike snow and most of all do not like to drive in it. I know how frustrating it can be!!!