Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Tesla

>

Jackie

Tesla
Old 08-03-2021, 01:48 PM

Anyone here have one or know someone who has one? I'm really considering it for my next car. I hear it's a whole different way of driving. I love how you order it exactly how you want it through the website and it is delivered to you. I would love to hear of anyone's experiences with driving it or even being a passenger in one.

Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 08-03-2021, 01:52 PM

DD wants it to be her next car, too. I see quite a few around town and think theyíre very good looking cars. Thatís the extent of my Tesla knowledge.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 08-03-2021, 01:57 PM

We don't see a lot of them around here (electric cars tend not to be as efficient in cold weather) but I saw one just yesterday. I must say, they're a very stylish looking car but I have no experience driving one.
Tori58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

I was very interested, but...
Old 08-03-2021, 02:14 PM

I'm really concerned about their business practices. You should look up information about right to repair. You might also look up thinks like their over the air updates and how those can negatively affect you.
Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 08-03-2021, 02:22 PM

There is probably a Facebook group for Tesla owners and would be owners. If there is you can probably find out everything you want and need to know.

wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-03-2021, 04:08 PM

I know a ton of people who have one - they are all over where I live. To the point where it's annoying. We actually considered looking at one, but there are a few things I don't like. First, unless you pay for the upgrade the miles aren't fantastic, so if you drive a lot it seems like a pain. We also do a lot of road trips and I would not want to be beholden to the Tesla charging route (although they try to make it sound so great - you can get your lunch while you charge! Or watch a movie on the big screen! No - I want to fill up in 3 minutes and go, thank you). Nobody is going to tell me which way I have to go. I'm also really not fond of him or his business practices, so that's just another reason for us not to look any farther.

They are pretty, and very fun to drive, and the technology is pretty cool. I actually love the paint color that looks black, blue, purple, or green depending on how the light hits it.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 08-03-2021, 04:13 PM

One of my former students has one. He actually works for Tesla. He was a district IT employee as a middle school kid, so Iím assuming he does something with their IT. He seems to love his Tesla.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

linderdm

Model Y
Old 08-03-2021, 05:49 PM

I got a Model Y last September. It's a fun car to drive. I got a long-range model, but with Covid, I haven't taken it far enough to have to map out the chargers on a long trip. We put a charger in our garage, and it works well for me. Updates come through occasionally. There is a service center 40 miles from my house.
My son was on the Tesla bandwagon when it was time for me to look for a car. I don't follow a lot about the company and / or Elon.
linderdm is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 08-03-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I actually love the paint color that looks black, blue, purple, or green depending on how the light hits it.
What!?! This is why Iíll never be able to have one. I have a hard enough time finding my car in a parking lot. Can you imagine parking a blue car in the sun then a few clouds roll in and the car looks green!?! Iíd be lost forever!
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 08-03-2021, 07:50 PM

My DS put a deposit on one a few years ago and it kept getting delayed and then there was some other issue so he got his money back. This was all before covid, so that wasn't the reason for the delays

teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach 5

Tesla
Old 08-04-2021, 04:15 AM

My brother has 2, a sedan and a suv and loves them. He has never had an issue driving long distances in them.
Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

Tesla
Old 08-04-2021, 08:20 AM

A friend has one and took me for a ride. Wow, SUPER FAST!! I was pinned to the seat as we accelerated. A fun car!! But I personally would find the very large screen that sits in the middle of the dashboard and does everything too distracting. My friend loves her new Tesla which was a present from her DH.
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote