Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Face Mask Inventory

>

mhugs

Face Mask Inventory
Old 01-01-2021, 12:47 PM

Watching TV and seeing people with some really classy masks. Haven't felt to buy but two because I rarely go any where.

How many face mask do you own? Do you match them to your clothes?

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Masks
Old 01-01-2021, 12:51 PM

I have two cloth masks that I use most of the time. They don't match any of my clothing.

I also have some disposable masks. I keep disposable masks in our cars and at home. At home I have two hanging on the front door knob just in case someone rings the bell and I forget to grab my cloth one from my purse.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 01-01-2021, 12:54 PM

I have so many masks! I have seasonal ones and *cute* ones and neutral ones. I don't actually go anywhere but I like to have options for the those occasional outings. And they were fun to shop for when I didn't have anything else to shop for.
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

School Time

Old 01-01-2021, 12:56 PM

I have a few that I bought and my daughter has made me at least a dozen.
School Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-01-2021, 12:57 PM

I think I have about 10. I only had a few until I started teaching in person. Most of my colleagues have seasonal and fun ones, but mine are just the two styles I've found that somewhat work with my glasses.

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 01-01-2021, 12:58 PM

I have about 8 that I bought for myself, but I mostly only wear 2 of them on a rotating basis.
KatieViolet is online now   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

10 ish +
Old 01-01-2021, 01:01 PM

We are in person so I have to go out. I have a 5 pack I bought online...solid colors-all 5 different. Those have liners, filters, lanyards, and mouth baskets. They are my go to. The mouth baskets/brackets and lanyards are extra but really help. I bought those as a 5 pack as well.

I have a few others given to me or bought nearby. One cute with colorful llamas and cactus.

I have a small set of disposables we keep by the front door. We try not to use those ourselves but keep them nearby if someone else needs one.
Lottalove is online now   Reply With Quote

NeeCee

Assorted Masks
Old 01-01-2021, 01:04 PM

I have made masks for family and friends, but nothing seemed to be comfortable for me. I bought a half dozen over Christmas. JoAnn fabrics had them for 92 cents. I also bought 3 in November that have a slot for a filter and adjustable ear loops. I will be using the ones with the filter for the rest of the winter because of the spikes expected from holiday gatherings. I also use a face shield to prevent me from constantly touching my eyes and face, due to allergies.

I got a box of surgical masks as a Christmas gift. My friends have recommended surgical masks over a cloth masks without a filter.

Truthfully, I don't leave home except for medical appointments. I have several this month.
NeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 01-01-2021, 01:05 PM

I have tons of masks, some I purchased and some were given to me. I don’t choose the mask I wear by matching to clothes, I choose it by my activity; for example, I might need a lightweight mask, a heavy duty mask, or a mask with no ear loops (back when hair salons were open here). I also have a box of individually wrapped disposable masks in my entry—just in case.

Our current mandate is to wear a mask whenever we leave our homes. I do—and I wash them after 1 use, so I need quite a few. I gave masks for Christmas gifts, too.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

bronxgirl75

Old 01-01-2021, 01:08 PM

We probably have about 30 masks. I am in school full days (hybrid model) and my kids go half days. Oldest works also. Some are neutral, some are holidayish.I tend to coordinate a mask with my outfit but not a deal breaker. We come home and put them in a bag to be washed. Sometimes we wash everyday, some every other but need to have enough to make sure we can do that.

bronxgirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Face masks
Old 01-01-2021, 01:13 PM

So many. Several I made, a variety I bought. I also have two gaiters, one I bought and one I made.

Which is ironic because I rarely go out.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 01-01-2021, 01:13 PM

I probably have about 10 that I use. A variety of colors and patterns. We were in-person until Thanksgiving and will likely go back to in-person starting after the 1st week of January. I do try to match to my outfits when I have one the same color, but mostly I have a couple with black backgrounds with kid type patterns (crayons, paint splotches, etc) that work with anything that I use for school.

I wash them on the weekend and on Monday take them all to my car so I don't forget when I get to school.
elspeech is online now   Reply With Quote

javamomma

Mask
Old 01-01-2021, 01:15 PM

My favorite are old navy. I have 12 to 15
I try to somewhat match or at least not clash with what Iím wearing
javamomma is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

Not sure...
Old 01-01-2021, 01:19 PM

I have maybe 5 cloth masks, but I have found that the ones that work for me are the disposable ones. The cloth masks make my face sweat so much more than the disposable ones, so I rarely ever wear them and when I do, it's only for short amounts of time.
SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Face Masks
Old 01-01-2021, 01:19 PM

I bought 3 different kinds this summer when I was getting used to wearing a mask, just to experiment with which kind I liked the most. Of the 3 kinds I bought, one came in a pack of 10 or 12 with different colors. I got one as a gift from a teacher at school who makes them. I also got another one from work with our school's insignia. I work in person all day, so I am used to wearing masks and can pretty much wear any mask. I wear one a day and on the weekend wash them. I loosely try to coordinate with my outfits but not completely. I know it doesn't matter to most people, but after being made fun of all through school for my clothes, I'm very self conscious about matching and what I wear, so I try to at least match it a little bit.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 01-01-2021, 01:23 PM

I have about 30! DD and I share them , though.

DH wears disposable ones that they provide for him at his store.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 01-01-2021, 01:25 PM

I have a sewing machine and made a lot for my family in the early months of the pandemic. I really don't even wear them anymore.

Now I only wear the premade disposable ones that are 3 ply and 4 ply manufactured by a medical supply in the USA. They are much more comfortable-wearing and breathing.

Water droplets are repelled on my disposable ones. Not that I'm all out and about in other places, let alone letting people/children who are sneezing/coughing near me.... I just feel better with that. They come in the standard blue, white and black. I already have enough for 2021!!

I rarely see cloth masks on people in my area anymore, just disposable ones.
I think we've passed the point of caring if any mask matches anyone's outfit!

Last edited by LazyLake; 01-01-2021 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

We have several
Old 01-01-2021, 01:26 PM

DH has one from Chick Fil A, one that says Pastor and one that says KCChiefs. I have some Dr. Seuss, Humana insurance and our school logo. A retired teacher from our grade level made us a bunch of Halloween and Christmas ones. And we bought some plain generic ones.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Old 01-01-2021, 01:27 PM

I have lots cloth masks made from tee shirt material. I also have a box of disposable masks that I keep in my school bag.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sasha B

Old 01-01-2021, 01:34 PM

I have quite a few - maybe 30. Some of them are not really my favorites anymore but I still have them. I do like to coordinate my outfit when I can. I also have some disposable masks. I pick out a mask each morning when I am gathering my things to leave for work. I also keep some back up masks in the car and in my school bag, just in case.
I wear a new mask if I go somewhere in the evening and donít reuse the mask I wore to work. Cloth masks get washed every weekend.
Sasha B is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 01-01-2021, 01:37 PM

I have about a dozen. I have to teach virtually from my building, and we did have kids face to face briefly before our numbers went up again.
I like the ones from Old Navy and Crayola. I don't care about matching what I wear, but I do make sure I don't clash. Also, on certain days I film for our school news, so I have to be sure nothing I'm wearing is green.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

chalkdusty

Old 01-01-2021, 01:37 PM

I have a sewing machine and I know how to use it!

I have a lot of home made masks. The ones that I like the best have a filter pocket. I use those blue automotive shop towels cut to fit as a filter. These masks also use ties to be able to adjust the fit. They do not loop over the ears. I use cord clamps instead of tying the strings.

The materials vary because most were in my scrap pile. A few were made with those small pieces that Walmart sells...peace signs and day of the dead prints. Nothing matches my outfits. I did make a mask in black to wear to the funeral home.
chalkdusty is online now   Reply With Quote

imatchr2

Old 01-01-2021, 01:43 PM

I have lots, but usually rotate my two most comfortable black ones. The recommendation now is for three ply, so I will use a filter or a disposable 3 ply mask.

I’m surprised you are able to wear cloth masks at school. I teach virtually, but my colleagues at school have to wear board supplied surgical masks for liability reasons. They don’t have a choice.
imatchr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Close to 30 now...
Old 01-01-2021, 01:47 PM

When the pandemic started an our state quickly announced a mask mandate, it was difficult to find them. My friend was able to get some disposable masks from Amazon and we used those initially. Now, they are just for if I forget my cloth mask. I keep some packs of them in the glove box in my car.

I go out to the library, post office and the grocery store, and occasionally other places. I don't enjoy wearing masks, but I have come to enjoy being able to change them out frequently. I have some great winter/Christmas ones from Old Navy and Famous Footwear. My friend gifted me a pack of Diane Gilman masks from HSN. My union sent me a mask, and I bought a couple from my school district as a fundraiser. A 5K race I normally run that went virtual this year gave masks as part of the packet. I also have Vera Bradley and Waverly masks with cute prints. They are not particularly expensive and I will be glad when we can eventually stop wearing them. But for now, I enjoy the choices.I don't match them to my clothing, though.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 01-01-2021, 01:47 PM

I wear a mask most days at work (I mean I work most days and wear a mask all the time while at work or out of the house at all )

I have 2 (retired) gaiters that I haven't used since finding out that wasn't very protective.

I have 2 masks that I use when I am already somewhere- in other words, when I don't have to walk much.

I have 2 masks I use when I am out walking (I can breathe better in them).

I really just use 2 of my masks regularly (and wash them by hand regularly). One for walking and one for working One is black and the other is beige. No matching (but I do wear a lot of black) and no cutesy stuff. I just haven't shopped for masks- these are all things dh got for me.

We also keep disposables in the car and in my office.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 01-01-2021, 01:52 PM

am i going to get in trouble for having counted them?

there are probably 30....not including the one sitting by the sewing machine that needs to be finished.

that includes the first 2 i made in the spring that i used with an uber-thick filter that i don't wear anymore...the 2 christmas and 2 halloween themed that i won't wear again....i made all my own masks. i refuse to purchase anything i can make myself. and i found a shop (quilting shop) with the most GORGEOUS fabrics! i got sidelined from making them the past few weeks but have been working over break to use up this fabric that hasn't been touched....that will add about 15 more to the bunch? **my masks have liners built in.

we were remote for first 2 months but had to work from school (which is where i prefer to work anyway), then in-person for a month, now back to remote until the 19th.

i like to color coordinate my masks to my outfits. (if i'm going to forego any jewelry and my glasses, those masks are going to be my new accessory!)
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 01-01-2021, 02:17 PM

I have about a dozen masks. My go-to ones for school (we've been in person all school year so far) are solid black masks with the name of the day of the week written on each of them. I also have a few masks with our school name and mascot on them and a couple of cute personalized masks that colleagues made for me.
hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

A lot
Old 01-01-2021, 02:28 PM

We are brick and mortar. The district provided 12 plain white ones, which hardly anyone wears. My county also sent every household 6 masks. Then I have the ones I have purchased from Target, Old Navy, Vera Bradley, and craft people. Since I have to wear one every day, I do like them to kind of match what I am wearing.
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 01-01-2021, 02:58 PM

I have quite a few. (standard pleated, fitted, 3D, plus pleated disposable, KN95)
I keep disposable masks in my car and take a couple of cloth ones with me when I leave the house. I donít go out often, but when I do I may make multiple stops (grocery, pharmacy) If I take the mask off when I re-enter the car, I place it in a bag and put on a new one for the next stop.

We had several doctor appointments in December. For those I wore a KN95 with a pleated cloth mask over it.
marguerite2 is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

masks
Old 01-01-2021, 03:07 PM

I have about a dozen, but some are Christmas ones. Only one of those is reversible, so I guess I have 9 now. I also have a black gaiter, but I don't care for those.

Yes, I try to match them to my clothes the best I can. I have black, blue, white, red, school mascot, daisies, white/gray, white/blue polka dots, Saints football, .... so it makes it easy enough to match.

We're in-person at school, so I'm wearing a mask daily (and wash it after one use).
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 01-01-2021, 03:29 PM

I have a few cloth masks, but I find those too thick to teach with ( hard to breathe well). I use them in stores and I use the blue disposable ones in school.
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tessa_Rue

10ish?
Old 01-01-2021, 03:42 PM

I don’t know really how many I have - 4 or 5 nice ones with our district logo that they bought for us, one that are the 3-D kind that was given to me by a student’s family and then 2 more I bought, one my principal gave me, and a couple random ones I picked up at the store. Honestly I prefer the disposable ones!
Tessa_Rue is offline   Reply With Quote

ily

Old 01-01-2021, 03:45 PM

I have about 15 (mostly old navy and gap)
Each of my girls have 10-15
DH has about 8
We are in person and masks are mandatory in public spaces so we go through a lot.
I have a bin on top of the washer we put them in when we get home and Saturday I wash masks.
ily is offline   Reply With Quote

dawnmei

maybe 15-20?
Old 01-01-2021, 03:53 PM

I have about a dozen that I rotate through for school, including a couple new holidays ones that I just added this month. I usually can get by with wearing one a day and washing on weekends. I try to somewhat coordinate, or at least not completely clash, with what I wear. I have one in each vehicle, a couple I keep at school should I ever forget to wear one, and another I always carry in my purse.
dawnmei is offline   Reply With Quote

jeffie

Old 01-01-2021, 06:28 PM

I've made about 30 of them. About 10 are for my DH, those are plain colors except one that I lined and made with one of his T Shirts. He has 5 school ones that he wore when he was subbing(decided not to until spring)I wear a couple different ones that coordinate with my tops. I started out using all the fabric that I had on hand and then bought 3 different fat quarters that makes 3 each. We do have some that companies sent in the mail which we keep in our vehicles to have on hand. We both usually keep one in every coat and a couple in my backpack purse. So about 15 are mine but 5 are my favorites.
jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 01-01-2021, 06:36 PM

I currently have:
  • 3 fabric masks that I still haven't worn yet
  • 100 disposable masks...1/2 of VERY good quality
  • 100 more disposable masks that are not as good quality to wear to the park or where I know I won't come into contact with many people
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 01-01-2021, 07:02 PM

We have a dozen Old Navy masks that we wear the most. DH is out every day for work so he goes through a lot of them. Then we have about 1/2 dozen specialty masks people have made. My favorite are two Christmas masks that it's about time to stop wearing.

When I go out, I try to find one that doesn't clash, but I don't really have stuff that coordinates.
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 01-01-2021, 07:07 PM

I have probably 30? I made most of mine. I did buy some from Old Navy.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 01-01-2021, 07:29 PM

I have a lot because it took me a long time to figure out what worked for me. I bought one from Etsy at the beginning of the pandemic when masks were harder to find, and then I found some basic black ones at Target. I figured I'd use those for school as to not clash with my outfits.

Then my friend came to visit and her Grandma insisted that she bring me 3 masks that she made . That's when I discovered the ones with the nose wire are much more comfortable. However, the elastic still pulled at my ears and after a longer time wearing it, it still felt harder to breathe.

I found a box of those blue disposable ones at Target at the beginning of the school year. They are SO much more comfortable than any cloth one I've tried, so I only wear those at school when I have to wear it for hours and hours at a time. I also thankfully saw a helpful tip here that they do hold up to hand washing, so I didn't waste a ton of money either. I still wear my cloth ones for short trips like going into stores, since for a shorter amount of time they don't bother me as much.

I have probably 5-6 KN-95 masks from school, that have just been sitting on my shelf because they're SUPER uncomfortable. I keep them out in case there's ever a temporary scenario where I feel really unsafe (such as a kid not being sent home who I think should go home), but haven't needed them. My school also provided probably 5-6 cloth masks that I haven't used, but kept in a drawer at school in case there was ever an issue with my disposable mask and I needed an emergency replacement.

School also provided a face shield, which I tried (with a mask too) and lasted less than 3 minutes in. It fogged up so badly I couldn't see a thing, and I felt like I was suffocating.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Masks
Old 01-01-2021, 08:46 PM

I am immunocompromised and even my family thinks Iím a little ďtoo serious,Ē but here is what I have:

I have hoarded disposable masks. I keep one package in the car at all times in case I forget a reusable one.

I have probably 2 dozen reusable masks, most with filter pockets. I keep filters on hand.

A mask & filter is only used once. The filter goes in the trash after one use, and the mask goes in the wash.

Even if I go multiple places (drug store, grocery pick up, gas station in one trip), I wear a different mask for each location even though I donít get out of the car for the prescriptions or groceries.
MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 01-01-2021, 09:21 PM

Im picky. I use cloth masks that are washable with nose wire for glasses...cute designs. I have 3 and just got 4 more...so 7. I have purple disposable masks as well. So no I donít match. My daughter prefers her Disney masks. She has several to choose from disney princesses, frozen, Minnie, Mickey, etc. I just tried ordering her more Disney masks so we will see if they fit good too. Sheís able to do dance and cheer in her Disney ones just fine.
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

masks
Old 01-02-2021, 03:00 AM

I have 4 that I wear and wash between times. We also have some blue/white disposable ones-which I hate to wear. I had trouble finding the best ones that don't fog my glasses! the ones from Stark's seem the best for that reason.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 01-02-2021, 05:54 AM

I haven't counted, but I'm sure I have at least 30 masks. I have to wear them daily to teach and I like to have my mask coordinate with my clothes. I've bought three sets from Old Navy, I've sewed some myself, and I've also had friends make me masks. I also bought a few from sellers at the farmers market.

I can't wait to have a mask-burning party when this "thing" is over!
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Masks
Old 01-02-2021, 06:39 AM

I own about 12 masks. One in every color I need! I also have those disposable ones. Do not use those very often. I had n95ís but I gave them to my dentist....
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Funnystory

Old 01-02-2021, 06:58 AM

I have about 10. Most are plain black, 1 gray, 1 blue, and then I was given a couple packs of white ones from the school, but I donít like them. I lay one out for each day for work and then wash them all on the weekends.

I also have a clear face shield I keep at school. We have been in person since August.

I havenít bought disposable ones because I think theyíre bad for the environment, but we have them at all the entrances of school and can get one each day should we choose.
Funnystory is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 01-02-2021, 11:09 AM

I have 7 or 8 that I made myself of high thread count fabric. They have a way to add a coffee filter inside. I did the candle test with them and the 3 ply disposable ones. I could blow a candle out with the disposable ones but I couldn't even make the flame waver with the two ply cloth ones I made. They are washed after every use.

We also have about 50 disposable ones.
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 01-02-2021, 08:55 PM

I have about 10, but I am teaching in person. Sometimes they match my clothing, but not always.

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote