Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Vacation anyone??

>

techgrad

Vacation anyone??
Old 01-14-2021, 09:46 AM

I'm dying! I need a vacation!! even if its a two night stay somewhere. I'm burnt out from daily Covid life.

Anyone else craving a vacation??

I know it won't happen, but I am really wishing it could!

techgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 01-14-2021, 09:51 AM

Yup! Right there with you!!!

We did have to go to FL to handle FIL's estate just after Christmas. We managed to sneak a couple hours at the beach on 2 days. That was About as vacationy as I've gotten in almost a year!!

I definitely need one!!!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

BaconNeggz

Small Getaway
Old 01-14-2021, 10:49 AM

I couldn't take it anymore! I booked a 4 night getaway in Lake Placid. Most of the stuff we are doing will be outdoors, like ice skating, sleigh riding, and snow tubing. The inn we are staying at leaves a three night gap between guests staying there. We won't need to quarantine because the state I live in doesn't have to quarantine if visiting NY state. I have never looked so forward to anything in my life. I live for vacations and haven't been on one in a year.
BaconNeggz is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsP0405

Old 01-14-2021, 11:31 AM

Yes, me! I always have a hard time in January. Its so gray out. We usually go to Florida over Christmas break but chose to cancel our reservations this year and I really missed it!
MrsP0405 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

Old 01-14-2021, 11:35 AM

We had a week planned the end of this month at the beach. We had to cancel because of the Stay at Home order here. Only essential business in lodging here. I imagine there are many places that are ignoring it as long as you don't ask. We canceled early to avoid not getting a refund.

I really resent because I wanted to be out of the country for this election cycle. Stuck here.

I could use a room with a different view these days.

luvmycat is online now   Reply With Quote

maxwell

Yes
Old 01-14-2021, 03:24 PM

Covid cancelled DH's birthday trip, my birthday trip, and our anniversary. We had been going south for at least a month in the winter since my retirement. I miss the ocean. Many i know have traveled and just quarantined at a beach house, but I'm leary of that.
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 01-14-2021, 03:28 PM

Yes! We had to cancel Nashville and Myrtle Beach. Also trips to see dh and his family on North Carolina. I just need a beach right now.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

need a vacation
Old 01-14-2021, 03:35 PM

Oh, I am so ready to just get away for a few days! I talk about it, I research places and hotels, I get close to calling them to see what their covid plans are, and then I catch myself and stop.

The latest craving is to call the hotel and find out if their very low room fee would count if I took the vacation in the summer. I could at least book a room and then cancel it if things haven't improved by then.

Sigh. I'm so tired of being stuck in one place. Maybe we could do house swaps for a month's vacation? I wouldn't really do that. Stay in place means stay in place, I guess. But I muse about it. Anyone live in a luxury high rise hotel smack dab in the country where it would be covid clean in the neighborhood?
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 01-14-2021, 04:27 PM

A couple I have on Facebook just returned from Cancun with their daughters a few other friends. When someone called them out another friend told the person to ###k off.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 01-14-2021, 04:50 PM

I need a vacation from my dh. Way too much time together for way too long.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 01-14-2021, 05:02 PM

Honestly, I'd just settle for a week where I didn't have to do any work. Or 5 days. I'll take 5 days.
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

Opal

Old 01-14-2021, 05:41 PM

I'm wanting to go visit my sons..one is in Chicago and the other in NYC...I'm craving going to the city...Im craving hugging them...waiting for vaccine...it'll happen
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-14-2021, 05:55 PM

Wait - you mean you all didn't buy a covid house for your much needed get-aways? Because right now that's totally a thing where I live. Real estate has been flying - multiple cash offers on houses over $1 million - with people buying covid homes. It's crazy.

And for me - I don't want to a vacation. I want to be home ALONE for more than an hour.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Yes!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:32 PM

I need a vacation! Between distance teaching during the week and caring for my mom on the weekends, I need to get away!!! I just want to get on a plane and go somewhere fun, see new sights, eat fabulous food, and not worry about responsibilities and obligations!
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 01-14-2021, 09:17 PM

Im crossing my fingers that my two trips this summer go on as scheduled, but I really doubt it. Id also like to take a trip somewhere with DH. Hes planning to retire this year, so it would be a good way to celebrate.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 01-14-2021, 09:53 PM

I hear you. I would take a few hours alone at this point.

We're still planning on our road trip/camping at the Grand Canyon this summer. The adults in our family (parents, sister & family, spouse/myself) are all in our states' 1b category and should be getting our vaccines in the next few weeks. The places where we'll stop all have contactless check-ins and we'll take all of our food, so hopefully we'll have little to no interactions with others. When I can't sleep I lay in bed and imagine the hot dry weather and beautiful scenery... and remind myself to hit the treadmill for a little longer in the morning so I'm in good shape for those hikes!
pdxteacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 01-15-2021, 05:05 PM

For the last four years (except last year because I had cancer) I would go with friends to an all inclusive resort in February. So about this time of year, I would be thinking about what to pack and daydreaming about the amenities, blue, blue water, and relaxing on a sandy beach with a cabana boy bringing me beverages. Just this past week it hit me that it is not happening this year and I was really bummed out. I live in Wisconsin and can at least handle winter if we have enough snow for me to enjoy snowshoeing or to look forward to meeting friends for drinks and a meal at a supper club. None of that happening this year. My best bet is to look forward to spring flowers in 3 months
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 01-15-2021, 06:24 PM

Isn't anyone going to St. Barts or Turks and Caicos Islands [179]? That seems to be where all the "in" people are vacationing this year.

I could not find any stats on St. Barts & Turks and Caicos is #179. I still would not be comfortable vacationing any where now a days.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote