Help

The VENT

been poisoned???

>

DOUBLEWOW

been poisoned???
Old 12-14-2020, 10:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Through out my years of stress as a teacher, you were my only support. I can only say thank you.

I'm traumatized at this point. There are so many things I would like to say here in this vent but I need your help to sort my life out.
This is really hard for me to say but I think someone is been poisoning me for years. I think he used anything he could find to mix with any of my drinks and I guzzled it down. After more than 25 years of struggling with mysterious illnesses and symptoms, one day I decided to never drink anything already opened or unattended drinks, threw away all vitamins, mineral and so on. Never let this person hover over my drink and if he does, toss it out. My health has improved tremendously. What do you think? Any thoughts? This is the third time I've found a contact lence. He hugged me one day while my coffee cup was exposed on the table. When I felt his right hand move away from my body I quickly glanced in the direction of my coffee. He immediately shook his right hand weirdly as in dropping something on the floor. I looked and looked and saw nothing until three days later found a contact on the floor while I was sweeping. I found another contact in the cabinet for cups/glasses. I understand may be he just took the contact and threw it on the floor but what the heck is that one doing high up there on the cabinet mat. Can anyone tell me here, are these things poisonous? Can it kill me? I have been ill on and off for a long time and the doctors couldn't explain it or find anything wrong with me. I am afraid. We have been together for about 30 years. I hope there is an explanation for this. I feel sad and afraid. Thanks

DOUBLEWOW is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 12-14-2020, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't think a lens can kill you or make you sick. It could be a coincidence that you found the lenses in the vicinity of where his hand had been. I'd probably start by going to an objective friend or counselor to work through what is happening in the relationship.This would allow you to see if your sicknesses came from the person. Is your relationship rocky?To protect yourself from sickness or injury possibly coming from this man I would make my own meals and drinks from items I kept separate. Is there a chance you could physically move away fro the home you are sharing?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Gogogo

It sounds crazy, but may be
Old 12-14-2020, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When I was little my babysitter got sick all the time and doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Then one day she saw her husband of 30 years sprinkle Comet cleanser into her coffee. She couldn’t believe it. She thought he was making a mistake, not paying attention. She asked him what he was doing. He told her I’m putting Comet in your coffee. He apparently had done this for years.

My mom told me about it years later so I don’t know all the particulars, such as if was trying to poison her or was just crazy. He did end up being sent to a mental hospital, which he never left. My babysitter would go and visit him because she still cared for him.
Gogogo is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Protect yourself
Old 12-14-2020, 12:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would not eat or drink anything he prepared. I would also keep any meds locked up away from him.
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 12-14-2020, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Wow! At the very least, I'd keep my distance from this person! Now that you might be on to him, keep your guard up!

So strange. But, I also know it's possible that this truly is taking place.

I wouldn't have an open drink ANYWHERE in the house. Not even a jug of milk or juice or soda in the fridge. (In other words, don't drink from any open jug/cup/container/etc.). No way. No how!

And yes...if you think this is even 1/2 way a possibility, I'd be thinking about leaving the relationship!

eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 12-14-2020, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Avoid this person at all costs and seek therapy with a highly qualified therapist. Iím sorry youíre in this situation.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

School Time

Old 12-14-2020, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Have you thought about saving something and having it analyzed? Not sure how to go about that but there must be a way.

Good luck!
School Time is offline   Reply With Quote

JanetL

Old 12-14-2020, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Can you get yourself tested for bodily toxicity? I would also get a hidden camera. Reach out for help from an outside party. Don't let him near anything you injest. Wishing you the best.
JanetL is online now   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 12-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

GREAT idea from the last 2 posters! Gotta LOVE PT!!!

Keep us informed!
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Just a Thought...
Old 12-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Have you told your doctor about your thoughts?

I am sure your doctor could run blood tests or urine tests to find out if your suspicions are true.

ConnieWI is online now   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Poisoned
Old 12-14-2020, 03:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Is this your spouse? If you believe this to be true, walk out the door right now. Take your purse and a change of clothes. Go to a womanís shelter.

If you canít do that, go to your doctor for a full on blood test and tell him your suspicions. Do not eat or drink anything you havenít seen and or prepared.

Your third choice is to ask other person whatís going on.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

kim1231

Forensic files
Old 12-14-2020, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Forensic files has aired episodes of this very same thing happening to others. One major problem was that some chemicals are extremely, if not, impossible to detect. Just the same, voice your concerns to your doctor and then to a lawyer and local authorities. If possible collect samples to be tested immediately. Also, put your concerns in writing and give to a trusted relative or friend. Please have some medical tests done and be very cautious about what you say out loud while that person is present. I am not so sure that I would confront him. Have a bag packed and ready to go. Keep us posted and stay safe.
kim1231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

You got better by not taking or
Old 12-14-2020, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

leaving drinks/ food around this person. That is your answer.
If you need more evidence, ask him to make you beverages again with a camera on him. You can get a nanny cam for the kitchen.
I am with Keltik, I'd get out.
I have seen a case of a husband doing this on a show like Dateline.
I am really sorry and wish you the best!
Like Kim, I would NOT confront him.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 12-14-2020, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Wow. That is BONKERS and I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I don't know about contact lenses, but the drops and solution can make you sick.

Stay safe!
ICrazyTeach is online now   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Old 12-14-2020, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Quote:
I would also get a hidden camera.
Careful with this. In some states, surreptitiously recording, especially audio, is a felony. You should absolutely be on highest alert around this person, but I would hate to see you get snagged in something yourself when youíre trying to figure it all out.
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote

Starr

Old 12-14-2020, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Is it possible to get drinks he has prepared for you analyzed? Obviously without letting him know.

Also, if this is someone you live with, you need to leave ASAP until you know if he is safe or not.
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

I don't think you're being poisoned...
Old 12-14-2020, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

But please check in with your doctor and then find a good therapist. This is either really happening and you need medical attention, or you are not being rational and need someone to work through this with. If you honestly think your partner is trying to kill you, then you need to contact law enforcement as well.

elspeech

Old 12-14-2020, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

You have gotten some good advice. I'd also really watch his behavior as you more obviously avoid injesting foods and drinks he has made. Does he start to pressure you to eat or drink the things he made? Encourage "just a taste", etc. If he has been doing this and starts to feel like you are getting physically stronger and healthier he may try other things to keep control.

Last edited by elspeech; 12-14-2020 at 09:50 PM..
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

School Time

Old 12-14-2020, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Please check in with us again.
School Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Starr

Old 12-14-2020, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

Agree with Emily26. Excellent advice.
Whatever is going on, seeking medical help is crucial.
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote

LMS06to13

Visine
Old 12-18-2020, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

When ingested in large quantities (or over time) is fatal. I am so sorry this has been happening to you.
LMS06to13 is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Old 12-18-2020, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

The best thing to do would you remove yourself from your home. However, it sounds like that is something that is not easy to do right now for whatever reason.

Make sure that you have bags packed and that they are with someone you trust. Start hoarding money and open up a bank account. Make sure no statements come to you. If he knows your email account open up another email account. Stash as much money as you can.

I am only guessing here. If you found the contact lens he has perhaps putting a liquid on the soft contact lens and dropping it in your liquid. That’s easier to do than holding a bottle and dropping it into a liquid when you can see him.

Please do know that if he knows you are on to him he may move to do other things. The best thing to do is to get out of that house. Your health and safety is the most important thing. There are people that can help you. You are worth it.

Seeking therapy for yourself is crucial.

I don’t know if I would go about trying to prove that he’s poisoning you or not. The fact that you feel he is is probably enough for you to remove yourself from the situation.

Last edited by kidsrterrific; 12-18-2020 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Added two short paragraphs.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

teenytiny

Old 12-18-2020, 01:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

A contact like a contact lens for your eyes? No, those would not be poisonous and would not hurt you if you had eaten one. I googled to check, and apparently dogs and babies have eaten them accidentally. They are not dangerous.

I do think it's possible for a spouse to try to poison the other spouse, but nothing that you posted seems to really indicate that loud and clear. You've never actually seen him put anything in your food or drink, right? You didn't see anything fall out of his hand after he hugged you, and you looked on the ground right afterwards and there was nothing there?

I'd urge for you to speak with a therapist about these fears and see what they think.
teenytiny is offline   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 12-19-2020, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

One of my students was being poisoned with arsenic by his crazy mom...his parents were divorced and he lived mostly with his dad. It explained how he seemed sickly for awhile
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ali'a

My Great Uncle went through this
Old 12-21-2020, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

His wife was poisoning him every day. It went on for years until he figured it out. Get to a doctor and ask for a tox screening. And have some of your drinks analyzed.
Ali'a is offline   Reply With Quote