Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

post menopausal cramping

>

hiker1

post menopausal cramping
Old 01-18-2021, 09:50 AM

Hi I have been post menopausal for over a year Recently I started experiencing mild cramps much like when I am about to start menustrating. It's this normal?

hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

canteach

I think I might give my doctor's office a
Old 01-18-2021, 11:25 AM

call & speak with the nurse. It's probably nothing, but you should check it out. It might be as simple as muscle spasms. However, I am always cautious because Ovarian Cancer is so difficult to detect and my SIL passed away from it. I also have a cousin by marriage who's dealing with complications from it right now. I had a hysterectomy years ago, unrelated to cancer of any kind, but was due to extreme endometriosis. I don't usually have the symptoms you mention, but have experienced an occasional twinge and some discomfort when my bowel begins to do its work. One of the complications from the endometriosis was that I had a pelvic adhesion fusing my bladder & bowel to my uterus, as I understand it. I had a total hysterectomy, but am still using a hormone patch. I don't know if you are doing the same, but if so, perhaps that could be affecting how you feel?
canteach is offline   Reply With Quote

hiker1

Old 01-18-2021, 11:33 AM

Thanks Canteach,
I do have a drs. appointment tomorrow. It's not like a twinge when I have to use the bathroom, ( thought of that too) but like a menstrual cramp. I had endometriosis before so that might have something to do with it.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

my recent experience
Old 01-18-2021, 01:01 PM

i had been 18 months no period when i had 2 months of MILDEST cramping ever and twinge of pre-blood.

visited doctor (because she said i should come in--but wasn't very worried about the fact that i couldn't get in for a month)

had to pay $$$ for ultrasound and it took forever because she couldn't find my old, shriveled ovaries!

they found nothing wrong. it can just happen. (i'm supposed to go back if it happens 2 more times--meanwhile--2 months have gone by, nothing.)

i asked about my (previously pretty mild) endometriosis, and doc said i would no longer have that since i was post menopause.

it's probably nothing, but make an appointment just to be sure.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote