Help

Bluebonnet Room

Reading Recovery

>

littled99

Reading Recovery
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm interested in becoming certified in reading recovery. Does anyone know how you go about doing this? I'm having trouble finding information on the Internet. Thanks for your help.

cvt

Rr
Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is very expensive to have a teacher trained in Reading Recovery, so many school districts usually select just one teacher per school (or just certain schools) that they send for training. I don't believe you can go on your own. See if your school district uses RR. They will tell you how it works in your district.

http://readingrecovery.org/

fiona1

Reading Recovery
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am currently being trained by my school district. There is a Federal grant that is in its last of three years (next year) that funds the training. You need to be selected by the school district. Find out where your nearest site for training is ( a university or school district that works with a university) and find out which districts near you have Reading Recovery or are planning on having it. It is amazing.

teacher226

Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I start my Reading Recovery training year at the end of August, I'm soooo nervous but excited!! I've been in the classroom for 13 yrs so leaving the classroom to become a RR teachers and AIS reading teacher will be a big change. My district is taking advantage of the Federal grant as well in order to send me. I'm so grateful. I know that I can teach anywhere and be considered highly qualified along with my state certification. Fiona1, is there anything you can tell me to prepare me for this year long training? Any advice?