Calling all Physical Education Teachers! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Physical Education

Calling all Physical Education Teachers!

>

Staff

Editor

Staff
Calling all Physical Education Teachers!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would you like to see your special board on ProTeacher more active! Help us help you by expressing your interest here!

Editor is offline   Reply With Quote

McHornet

Old 10-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have taught 19 years in 4,5,6th gen ed. At Christmas, a PE position will become available in my district. I don't know if I should apply for it. I love my job, but the never-ending, increased demands are getting me closer to burnout. For example, we are currently on fall break, and I have spend large parts of two days in my room. I feel like this shouldn't be the case to be effective, but I see no other way around it. Add to that more stress on our state test, data-driven instruction, ever-evolving technology, new reading program, and
I am tired of putting in so much time. I don't want to teach PE simply because it would be easier. I am a somewhat athletic, fairly active fellow, and I think I have lots to offer kids in the gym. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.
McHornet is offline   Reply With Quote

stephenPE

The deal
Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have taught PE for 34 years. K-6 and even some 7th. Great job if you like kids and the outdoors. No gym as I teach in North Fla. MUCH less paperwork than the classroom teachers. Children love coming to my class. We exercise, stretch and run each day for about 5-7 minutes and then it is whatever I decide. Having taught so long I have a room of equipment and hundreds of activities to do. The weather can be a downer sometimes (I have to hold class in their regular classroom and double up with another class). I used to imagine teaching 5th grade my last few years but the paperwork and stress would not be worth it. PM if you like.
stephenPE is offline   Reply With Quote