Career Decisions

Teacher License Question.

>

IN2OK

IN2OK

Teacher License Question.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Due to the walkout in Oklahoma, I felt it was my interest to network with business professionals and volunteer, instead of protesting. I have had several individuals ask me for my resume, and want to sit down to chat about a job. One of the job opportunities, due to my experience, pays well over $100,000. Due to a family situation, I still would like to get my teacher license; I am on emergency license. I have not taken all three tests. Does anyone have insight, if I take the six-figure job, if I can still get my teacher license?

GraceKrispy

Old 04-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I really don't know what you're asking or why the job factors into it, but the road to licensure in your state is to find out what is needed and get it done.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Can you study for the tests
Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

while you are doing the better paying job?

Certainly not during the first few months when you'll be running as fast as you can to learn your position, but later.

It sounds like the money is very tempting, but you want to keep your options open and have some commitments the job may interfere with.

Is there a time limit as to when you have to take and pass the tests in relation to your emergency license? Can you get another emergency license later and then do the tests?

You can do some research into the ins and outs of emergency and full credentialing and use that to fuel your decisions.

You might use the money to finance your credential after a year or two--just beware of living up to your new income. Bills expand to fill the available money and can prevent returning to teaching with it's very different economics. And you may well fall in love with that job, who knows.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote