Career Decisions

Seeking Advice for Entering Middle/High School Teaching

>

Happysurf

Seeking Advice for Entering Middle/High School Teaching
Old 10-12-2018, 06:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello All,

I am college adjunct faculty currently teaching undergraduate public health. I have a masters in public health and a psych undergrad. I have also almost completed nursing school once. I am seeking advice from seasoned middle or high school teachers.

I love teaching, but also have a passion for pursuing my RN. But, the trouble is I cannot decide which to follow through with. Getting a doctorate in public health is not an option (not enough $$). Do you love teaching? Would you ever go back and change your decision to become a teacher? I just cannot decide which to commit to. I guess my mom has influenced me a bit. She was a special education teacher for 25 years and always tells me what a stressful job teachers have. Of course, stress comes with any job - especially the alternative of an RN.

I am thinking of getting credentialed in foundational level science and also getting a second credential in health sciences. Any thoughts on this as well?

Happysurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Hpylife

Old 11-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Totally depends on what you want to do,, but if I had a choice between teaching school or an RN , Iíd do the RN. Higher pay where I live for RNís and not job openings.

That said Iím a current teacher and looking to get out of the classroom.

All the best with whatever you decide!
Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

BioEducator87

Old 12-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am trying to get a college job in public health (my masters is in public health also). I currently teach high school biology. Do you have a passion for teaching? I'm sure teaching undergraduate school is much better than teaching secondary education. It is a lot of work and stress, as I'm sure nursing is too. However, nurses do get paid more generally. However, they do not get the time off that teachers get. List the pros and cons of both careers. When you wake up in the morning, which job would you rather go to?
BioEducator87 is offline   Reply With Quote