Classroom Management

Sped classroom with ALL students having severe ADHD

>

goingcraycray

goingcraycray

Sped classroom with ALL students having severe ADHD
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I feel like Iíve tried everything for behavior management with the students I have (1st-3rd graders) but nothing seems to work. In my room Iíll have between 2-9 students all with severe ADHD and low IQ. Iím literally at a loss at this point and I donít have an aide for another set of eyes/body in the room. I hate the teacher Iím becoming because I have to be so strict and we are unable to do anything fun (games, crafts, movies, etc.) because the students literally canít keep there hands and feet to themselves, noises and talking NEVER stops because they donít care. Anybody have any suggestions?

whatever

Ummm,
Old 02-02-2019, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

No. Not even.

Quote:
the students literally canít keep there hands and feet to themselves, noises and talking NEVER stops because they donít care
I understand that you are frustrated. I can feel it in your post. Trust me, I've been there too. Really. But it is really NOT about whether they care or not. They truly can't help a lot of that. We both know that. If they could stop it, it wouldn't be a disability.

They can hopefully learn to manage parts of it. They may learn strategies to minimize other parts. All of that is separate from not caring.

I hear your vent though. It sucks to have no help-especially when the numbers creep up. Truthfully, once you get past 3 or 4, no one is learning. I hope your school can realize this and get you some help.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote