Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

How do I manage my time

>

Sasa1209

How do I manage my time
Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It is my first year teaching, second month to be exact and every time I feel like I get the hang of something there is more thrown at me! I am teaching 2-3 year olds and we use a tablet to record all of their activities throughout the day. I feel like I donít know how to keep up with wrangling 8 kids and constantly updating when they went to the bathroom, what we did how long they slept, what they ate. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sasa1209 is offline   Reply With Quote

RealisticPreK

Old 04-22-2019, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Perhaps type up grids.

I have a list of kids names down the left side. I have a bunch of boxes after the names. I laminated it. I posted one on the bathroom door. That one has a list of bathroom times across the top (every 2 hours, starting with 9 am and going to 4:30 pm) I just check off that they go at those times.

For what we did, I take photos, and while they sleep at naptime I upload the photos. I also do a summary of what we did under the Notes section, so I don't have to explain each photo--it's all mentioned inthe summary.
I notice when they all go to sleep, generally, and under Notes I say "fell asleep before 1 pm". As they awaken and don't fall back asleep, I go back under Notes and say "awake at ..... pm".

For what they ate, I would laminate another checklist and as they get ready to throw away their food, I note down on the checklist, to the right of their names, in a large square, what they ate. you could use shorthand like M for meat, V for that day's veggie, F for fruit, so you can put how much of each item (some, most, none) was consumed. But my own kids typically eat most of their food.

All entries on the Ipad to parents happen during naptime. I just can't get it done any other time.

Hope this helps!!
RealisticPreK is offline   Reply With Quote