Help

National Board Certification

C1 EA Math

>

teressawac

C1 EA Math
Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going crazy trying to work on all this content knowledge junk. If you only have 60 minutes to do 45-50 MC questions how in the world are you going to have time to read each question and answer it? These questions for math must be pretty straight-forward and not a lot of working out long step problems. Any help here will be appreciated. I have studied content from 6-9 grade at least 4-8 hours a day for the past 3 1/2 weeks and my test is tomorrow. I am getting so stressed out. I got 6-8 down pat and the functions and such pretty good, but I don't think I am going to get to Calculus or Trigonomety and I don't understand why because we don't teach it until 11th grade, and I am only 11-15 age group.

teressawac is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 06-10-2019, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just looked over my C1 again and it is 75 minutes for MC so that makes me feel a little better.

PokerKat

C1
Old 06-11-2019, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know I canít give details but c 1 was surprisingly easier at least for me. I did have one question that I kind of bombed but I was still able to answer most of the question. My best piece of advice for C1 is to not get stuck on the questions for the Constructed response questions. I read the instructions to long before I knew it five minutes was gone and I did not get it completed like I hoped. you got this !!
PokerKat is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I bombed the SR with getting maybe 20/45 correct and did all of the CS were easy for me but I couldn't figure out the equation and ran out of time on the other two. I got most of all three done and hoping to get at least a 2.75 but we will see. I know the cut off for Level 2 is 2.25 and the start for Level 3 is 2.75, but is there an in between like 2.5 or so?

Chapstickmc

Old 06-12-2019, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The SR for EA math has so many topics. I'd play with the score calculator https://www.nbpts.org/scorecalculator/ . That seemed to ease some of my concerns with the SR, although the scores don't come out until December.

Chapstickmc is offline   Reply With Quote

teressawac

Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Chapstickmc I have. I am hoping to get at least a 3 on each of my C1, 2, and 3 to cover the low scores on the C1 and still be able to certify. I am looking at getting around a 2.5 on all the CS based off of the rubric and and about a 1.9 (guessing) for the SR and still be able to cert with a 113, so the waiting game starts and I am not going to worry about it until December because there is nothing that I can do about it until then. If I don't certify in December I will look at the C1 parts and see what I want to do to certify then. I believe I will score at least a 2.75 or higher on all of portfolios because I had a NBCT do all my proofreading and help me with them every step.