Help

Retired Teachers

Guilty pleasures of retirement

>

luvmycat

Guilty pleasures of retirement
Old 08-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I must say I’m beginning to feel the relaxing trend of retirement. DH and I have been watching a series on Prime that I would never have even entertained when I was working. It is called Travels by Narrowboat. A quirky guy walks away from his previous life and buys a longboat and cruises the canals of England. Such a peaceful way to spend quality time with DH.

I can’t believe there are 4 seasons of this show.

Now we need to see if the bears are still fishing in Alaska.

Monday would be my first contract day back to work if I hadn’t retired in June.

Loving life!

luvmycat is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

This is great...
Old 08-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so glad you and your DH have been able to kick back, relax and enjoy a series together. I am loving being able to do whatever I want to do. Today, I checked out an organic farm market 90 minutes from home in a neighboring state. I had lunch at a tea room nearby that was charming. There are two wineries in the area. I just might have to go back and sample when the foliage is in bloom. My district doesn't start till just before Labor Day, but I would be anxiously awaiting the cleaning of my room and the waxing of the floors so I could go in and work, unpaid time of course. Year two of retirement is starting and I'm not missing working at all.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Guilty pleasures
Old 08-10-2019, 07:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Dh and I now plan our three weeks in the mountains/lake for August. Kids go back to school early here. Lake is not crowded, area is peacefully quiet (mostly...).

Prior to retiring, we would come in July and it was hot and crowded. And I would bring planning work with me. Now I just load up my kindle and sharpen my colored pencils for coloring.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Old 08-16-2019, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hubby and I are also watching whole TV series that we have never seen before.
We recently got rid of our over-priced cable TV arrangement, and got streaming services. We are new to the concept of "binge watching", but are really getting into it. Currently watching 2 episodes per night of 'The Crown'. Two hours of a TV serial is like watching a long movie. We want to get through the first 2 seasons before season three starts in Nov. For those who like historical drama, I highly recommend it.
ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote