Substitute Teachers

Sub. Coordinators take away shopping 4 jobs

>

Gfrtd

Gfrtd

Sub. Coordinators take away shopping 4 jobs
Old 08-22-2019, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is a theory. Y ears ago a sub coordinator showed me my job screen and it showed jobs for that district and other districts I sub for. From research, reading, and talkng/listening to subs, I believe the sub coordinator when he needs to fill jobs he will take off jobs on aesop for some subs, so they do not see those jobs on aesop. EXample, let's say there is a school called Morton high school. Usually only 8% of the subs sub there. Let's say there are 10 jobs available on monday. 3 of the jobs available for Monday are Morton high school jobs. Since only 8% of the subs will sub at Morton high school, the sub coordinator will only show the Morton high school jobs to the 8% who sub there. The sub coordinator will not show the other 7 jobs on Monday to the 8%, why? Because she wants all the jobs filled for that day. Sub coordinators get pressured to fill all the jobs for that day. That's why they call subs sometimes. I believe this happens once in a while and only in some districts.

SubMan

Old 08-24-2019, 09:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Where I sub job shopping is dropping one job to see if other, better, jobs are available. Districts don't like it because it creates a hardship for the district when they think they have a substitute and end up without one.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

TheMercenary

reply to Gfrtd
Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You are spot on. This is my 5th year subbing. I am registered in four districts, 26 total buildings. I nearly always see posts from only the three buildings I regularly sub in. 3/26 indicates something is wrong.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote