Help

Substitute Teachers

Frontline?

>

CC96

Frontline?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In a school district that uses the Frontline absence management system, can teachers designate that their preferred subs get the notifications before the general sub population? Thanks.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

BayAreaSub

It all depends...
Old 08-16-2019, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

on how the district has it set up. My district allows teachers to designate up to five subs as their “preferred subs.” I will get an email that lets me know a teacher has a job available for me as a preferred sub. However, sometimes it is sent during the day while I am busy in a classroom, and then by the time I get to it, the job has already been filled, I’m assuming by either another preferred sub, or any other sub who checks the system.
BayAreaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Ok
Old 08-16-2019, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the info— I appreciate your help
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 08-17-2019, 04:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In my district, it sends an email to each of the preferred subs notifying that there is a job posted. However, it hits the job board (and the sub apps) immediately. So everyone with Jobulator or similar had greatly lessened the value of the "preferred sub" system. I admit I am more inclined to accept a job for someone who listed me as preferred; otherwise, it's not a big deal.
YayaSub is online now   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 08-19-2019, 07:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I agree with the other posters. I only have one district that uses the "Preferred Sub," designation. I think districts could set the system up where there is a hierarchy of who subs are notified for jobs but very few districts use that capability. I know that a couple of districts where I sub would notify certified subs before guest teachers. It appears they have dropped that because they were more concerned about getting anyone to fill the position.

Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Frontline
Old 08-19-2019, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My district allows teaches to set favorites (either 3 or 5, I think) and we're e-mailed/shown their jobs before they appear in the general pool or call-out list.

How long a head start we get depends on how far in advance the absence is posted. - If it's scheduled well in advance, I think we get 24 hours, but if it's a day-of emergency, the system kicks it a lot sooner.
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Yep
Old 08-20-2019, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

At least my district does. In theory, preferred subs get an hour of notice before it goes out to all subs. There are kinks in this system, though. I've gotten notices and immediately went to accept the job (teacher request) and it's gone. In one case, the teacher was able to cancel the job and have the secretary enter and then accept immediately for me (the other was NOT a good sub or on the preferred list). In the other case, another preferred sub accepted, but I told the teacher that she could have it.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

BadKitty

Old 09-01-2019, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Our teachers will get the phone numbers of their fave subs and will ask them directly if they're available on certain days. If so, the teacher will tell their secretary, who then puts the sub in for them, so the open job is never even seen by the general sub population.
BadKitty is online now   Reply With Quote

mkesub

Old 09-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Quote:
Our teachers will get the phone numbers of their fave subs and will ask them directly if they're available on certain days. If so, the teacher will tell their secretary, who then puts the sub in for them, so the open job is never even seen by the general sub population.
I get a lot of my jobs that way!
mkesub is offline   Reply With Quote