Help

The VENT

So beat down!

>

70Primrose

So beat down!
Old 09-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am not a principal smaybe I just donít know anything but I feel that teachers should be treated like adults. I feel that our principal acts like we are all the dumbest things on the Earth. She micromanaged is to death. Also, I feel she believes we should treat the kids one way (which I completely agree in what she expects for that) but she does not treat us that way. She pushes praise and only positive remarks, but she doesnít give us that. She finds fault in all we do, except one grade...they are her pets. Please tell me not all principals are like this. Do some actually care about the teachers?

70Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 09-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have your Pís twin for a boss.
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tiamat

Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My current bloke is wonderful. He lets us teach and protects us from a lot of the nonsense that comes from above. If we can justify what weíre doing in the classroom, and results are good, heíll go to bat for us. Heís wonderful.

Previous boss? Not so much. We were treated like naughty children and could do nothing right.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 09-10-2019, 08:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have definitely had the "treats you like naughty children" P, but thankfully my current P isnt like that. No micromanaging-even though it sounds to me like she is getting pressure from the district to do exactly that and push us into lock step teaching (I really hope she can hold out and resist because I do NOT want to be a lock step teacher). She says-look at your outcomes, are they good? If so than keep doing what your doing!

And while I think she does favor certain people (so do I, we are just human and have opinions) she doesn't show favoritism. If we come to her and lay out a good case everyone is heard out and given an equal shot.
Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote

PindleLou888

Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My principal is not like this. My last principal was though...plus she took pride in running teachers out. Luckily I landed at a great school!

PindleLou888 is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Actually, I've detested my previous three principals for much those reasons. I've now landed at a much better school. So far the new admin seems sane.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Time to Let This Principal Know Your Feelings
Old 09-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

It is time to let this principal know your feelings.

This can be easily done by typing a letter at home, not signing it, and placing it in your principal's mailbox when no one else is in sight.

Stand up for yourself and others. You should not be treated this way. If you don't let your principal know your feeling, he/she cannot change his/her behavior.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

omacrulzzz

yup
Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

When someone doesn't know how to do their job correctly, they compensate by criticizing the work of others. Our school has had extremely bad discipline for the past 10 years. Our AP always blames the teachers and says if we had better behavior strategies, the school would run better. There comes a certain point when you have to say, is it really the employee or is it the leadership? If a college football team consistently lost for 10 years in a row, do you think they would blame it on the players? No way. They would hire a new coach. Sounds to me like you need a new coach.
omacrulzzz is offline   Reply With Quote