Substitute Teachers

Dear Teacher

>

SubMan

Dear Teacher
Old 09-11-2019, 03:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Dear Teacher,

In the future when you expect/leave grading for me to do please leave an answer key. Also, teach your students to circle their answers. The advanced placement screening tests were difficult to grade because of the lack of an answer key and sloppy student work. Iím sorry I only got a few done out of all that were left.

Thank you,

Your Substitute

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 09-11-2019, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know how difficult an AP screening test is, but good for you that you knew the answers. And you're right, I would also have left the tests alone and not apologized, just stated that I could not read the answers.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Surprised
Old 09-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am shocked that someone left tests for you to grade. I was an elementary teacher and never left tests for the sub to grade. I did leave papers for subs to check and have the sub put a happy face on the papers. Thatís it.

Glad you told the teacher about the sloppy writing and no answer key.

By the way, I am retired and thought if I missed teaching I would sub. So far, I am enjoying retirement and wanted to look at these posts to give me a perspective from the sub.
LaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 09-11-2019, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Iím not surprised that you were left tests to grade, but AP placement tests?? Only the classroom teacher should be grading those. Not that youíre not perfectly capable, but I was thinking of the liability involved. As far as no key, well, thatís just annoying.
mooba1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 09-12-2019, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I hate being asked to do this and I think itís really unprofessional. Itís your work, not mine, and you know the students better. Iíve been asked to grade stuff that had short answer questions and Iíve been on the fence about how to grade it due to how the student answered. If itís a simple quiz or something that I gave out that day, thatís one thing, but Iíve been asked to correct stuff that was old.

Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 09-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Funny, Wednesday is a 1/2 day in my district, and subs are required to stay the whole day. I was left with a stack of grading like Iíve never seen in 12 years of doing this job. There was an exit ticket for math that had 3 part answers, since there was no guidance much less a key, I gave each part 1 point. Not sure if thatís what she wanted but thatís what she got. Good thing I mastered 3rd grade science and social studies so I was able to grade those tests also. When 2:45 rolled around I left with unfinished grading. In my end of day note I wrote that keys for the tests would have been helpful. Iím getting too old for this nonsense.
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote