Help

Sunflower Room

WES Book Study Chapter 6

>

luvkidzks

WES Book Study Chapter 6
Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all! I know we were going to meet to talk about chapter 6, but perhaps if we post our responses to chapter 6 here--our discussion on Friday the 12th (especially if it's over lunch) might be easier to fit into our limited time schedule. Enjoy your last week of

luvkidzks

WES Chapter 6
Old 08-10-2011, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think we are all too busy getting our classrooms ready to go! No worries....let's just meet as planned on Friday over lunch to discuss chapter 6 and our thoughts on how the ideas in this book may impact our teaching! Dawn

harpo4

Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Good idea!!!

harpo4

Ch 6- and review...
Old 08-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I really enjoyed all the ideas in this book and especially Chapter 6. I'm still trying to figure out in my schedule how to make sure my sped students get the important "Shared Reading" in the classroom and relevant guided reading with me in my room. This is the juggling act. I really need to make sure my groups are student centered and are allowing the student to really dig deep into books (even the easier books). I've learned that it is more about depth and less about quantity!!!! Loved this book.

TODinKS

Ch. 6
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I liked the alternate running record included in this chapter. It includes a place to document depth of comprehension and student's integration of cues and strategies. I think that it provides more information to staff members rather than just whether the student read the word correctly or not. This is a great book and I look forward to using the new ideas throughout the year!