Help

Physical Education

Physical Movement with Think Alouds... PLEASE HELP

>

revans7

Physical Movement with Think Alouds... PLEASE HELP
Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year I've been given the responsibility to incorporate physical movement activities with reading comphension (think alouds). I work with grade PK-5 in 45 minute blocks and must follow the 5-E model. The class is set up with the first 20 minutes being instruction (think alouds) the next 20 minutes as a physical activity (we no longer have PE) and the last 5 minutes as a closing. I have quite a few students that only receive english for a very small portion of the day and even though I'm not the ESL/Total Physical Response teacher, I still have these students and must reach them. What advice or strategies would you offer as far as movement (line dances... as suggested by the administration) and/or strategies to work with PreK/K spanish speaking students?

Thanks for your input.

revans7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Laurenm

Movement program
Old 10-31-2013, 04:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We do Dance fitness for the classroom from California School fitness. They learn a routine by video first, then transition to just cd with cues, then cd alone. They get ready to perform for assemblies etc. awesome program. Called Heartlight Classroom
Laurenm is offline   Reply With Quote