Help

Art Teachers

Art teacher resume

>

Iloveart13

Art teacher resume
Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Alright, I'm currently looking for employment...just completed and passed all of my NYS certification exams. I've put resumes out there before but never heard back, just want to make sure I'm doing what I'm 'supposed' to be doing. Some things I've wondered about:
1) Do you post your cert. on your resume along with your cert #?
2) Do you post your GPA if recently out of school (with no experience other then student teaching)

What are some other 'different' things one might put on their resume as an art teacher? I have lots of artist experience...gallery shows, etc, but it seems to vary from district to district on if they care about that or not. What do you guys think? Any help would be great!!

Iloveart13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Grundoon

To Iloveart13
Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A great resume is wonderful but getting it read is another thing. Go to the district web site of a school for job postings. Some schools will have an area where you fill in an application for a generic teaching position and once a position opens they contact you. Some states have a centralized application area and yes the certification number is used. I've done several where the actually copy of the certification can be scanned and downloaded to the application.
I was not asked to show my art portfolio but I did show some pictures of things I had done with students (summer school and parks and recreation) In the long run, it is all about the kids.
What grade are you interested in?
Grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote