Help

Art Teachers

Non- Reelected

>

medus

Non- Reelected
Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am teaching Art at public High school since 2014. Since I have temporary contract ( probationary ll)I was non-reelected for the next school year. The principal who hired me was moved to the different school, and we have new principal, new AP, and new VP. So, they decided to change things. I have one more month to be there and it is depressing. Applying everywhere I can, but it is so hard to think about leaving the place I love. And I know I am good Art teacher, I have good recommendation letters and the kids like me. I had classroom management problems first year, but because of the help of induction program I learned how to handle all situations. I feel that I did not deserve to be non reelected. However VP gave me three twos and one 3 on my final evaluation paper just last week. They gave me a non reelection note at the beginning of February. Every time VP observed me, I was asked to sign official paper 3 months later after observation. Is this legal? Told this my principal and asked to let me stay, his answer was "NO". Rude. No explanations. My department chair and teachers are emailing our P and asking him to let me stay, but he either does not answers emails or just says " Thank you for letting me know".

medus is offline   Reply With Quote