Art Teachers

Professional Learning Communities

>

DValentine

DValentine

Professional Learning Communities
Old 03-30-2018, 11:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In your experience what support are specials or elective teachers able to offer their colleagues during professional development meetings? Are elective teachers (art, p.e., music) often paired together? I also wanted to know if meetings are held district-wide or on school site with the option for art related professional development to transpire or if opportunities must be sought out. Thank you, I look forward to hearing any experiences.

GdHrtdTchr

Art and PLCs
Old 08-21-2018, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have never been an art teacher. I've mostly taught 1st/2nd, but was a specials teacher (tech) last year. This coming year, I will hafta learn how to be an art teacher. When we had PLCs, I generally picked a grade (group) and joined them and participated as best I could. At the end of the year, one of the 5th grade teachers wrote a letter of appreciation to me and included how helpful my contributions were. Much of their work wasn't that relevant to my day to day teaching, but I wanted to stay up-to-date and had some useful wisdom.

If you PM me, I'd love to make an "art teacher" friend. I am entering new territory this year. But I found a school I really like so I am trying to adapt instead of changing schools (again.)
GdHrtdTchr is offline   Reply With Quote