Help

Career Decisions

What do I do now?

>

MsFrost

What do I do now?
Old 08-18-2018, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

First things first, hello all! I know it's been a long time. I've thought of the boards and just never acted on it. Quite a bit has happened with me since I last posted. I'll try to do a Cliff's Notes version...

So the P from Hell is still in power. She got what she wanted, I'm out...along with 17 others. Since my last posting, I was notified by 2 other observers that they were "told" what my scores would be and asked me not to be angry with them because it was those "my @$$ or yours" scenarios. I stayed in constant contact and consultation with my union president throughout the year. P continued to tell me a ton of lies (all of which got recorded). One instance was for a scheduled conference in which I was told what time it would happen and advised my UP so that she would be in attendance; UP shows up and P tells her that there must have been some confusion because my meeting was several hours later, so union pres. leaves but my meeting was not later, just another lie. With about a month of school left, I come out and ask P if I have a job or not; she tells me no (again, recorded) and all this bs as to why. I confer with UP who tells me to resign because if P gets her way, my contract ends early and I won't get paid for June or July. So I do. It's too much for here, but P wasn't happy with my resignation and I couldn't have been giddier with how THAT went down...

So, I've applied for jobs everywhere all over the summer. No calls. Finally got an interview and it went really well. After requests for transcripts, the school tells me that they really wanted to hire me but couldn't based on my recent observational scores (courtesy of P). So now I'm unemployed and, apparently, unemployable because of all of this. UP has been zero help, just saying that blaming P is speculative. Does anyone think I'd be able to pursue legal action? I'm looking at other programs, but it seems that education isn't an option for me. This is terrible because I've already got 2 MS degrees in Ed., but I do have to work (you know, mortgage and such).

You guys have been so great with advice and consolation. I feel like this is where I should turn. So, what do I do now?

MsFrost is offline   Reply With Quote

SolsticeH

SolsticeH

Subbing
Old 08-22-2018, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Subbing your way back into a job might be an option. I had a similar problem with a principal. It was a year and a half ago. That principal is still on my resume, but he's off my job applications. So time passing might help you. Also, there might be other teaching jobs ( such as an intervention teacher , etc.) that you can apply to. I am not sure if I will be getting a full time position any time soon, but I am trying until December. I am willing to move, so that might be another option for you. If I can find a full-time teaching gig and hold onto it for at least five more years, then everything will be golden.