Career Decisions

Other job options for a degree in education

>

SG29

SG29

Other job options for a degree in education
Old 04-12-2019, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Iíve been able to pass 3 out of the 4 required certification tests in my state. For my overall core subjects test Iíve been having trouble with the math and mainly social studies subtest. Those are the only 2 sub tests I need to get my teaching certificate. Iím on a emergency permit and Iím running out of time before they wonít renew my contract. Iíve been feeling discouraged that I probably wonít ever pass those 2 little subtests. I still have a few more attempts but itís just more money and embarrassing explanations. I was just wondering if anyone knows what other options there are for jobs in having a degree in education? Iím just really bummed because I love teaching but i canít keep doing it if I donít get my certificate. I would still love to do something in the education field but some other job alternatives still require teaching cerificates and experience, or even just doing something to help people. I feel so discouraged about not being able to pass a test so I just have to start thinking about having to go to a different job. Any other job suggestions to look into would help me!

overthemoon

Old 04-24-2019, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First, don't be so hard on yourself. Some people test better than others. Once you think you can't do something, it can become a self-fulling prophecy. Can you get some tutoring on the math and social studies areas where you need to be stronger. This might boost your confidence a bit. If you really want to teach, and it sounds like you do, then dig your heels in and tell yourself you're going to do it no matter what. Persistence will win out. Don't give up. You have already passed 3 out of 4 of the tests. You're almost there! Best wishes to you!
overthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Trevortiger

Hire a tutor with a proven record
Old 06-21-2019, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The education alumni Facebook group I am a part of has people who offer (paid) tutoring to help people pass certification tests in Florida. You need to find someone who knows exactly what you need to study to pass those tests. A lot of these people are online and you should be able to start almost immediately. I would find a tutor or a course with a great pass record and take the tests one more time. You've worked so hard, don't let this tiny last step prevent you from doing what you love! Let me know if you happen to be in FL and I'll share a link to a tutor who may be able to help.
Trevortiger is offline   Reply With Quote