Help

National Board Certification

C1 help

>

klbeach

C1 help
Old 05-24-2019, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After reading the sample prompts for CTE I am a little stumped. What would you suggest for “one service-learning” activity that increases middle school students’ knowledge of a worksite? Thanks for your suggestions!

klbeach is offline   Reply With Quote

CTEacher0712

CTE service-learning
Old 05-28-2019, 03:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've been studying for the multiple choice and have tried...I really have, to write to the prompts but I am struggling with HOW to go about the writing. I just don't know how I'm going to do in a timed setting writing to a pop-up prompt when I can't get my brain around how to write and what to actually include. My idea for service-based is to have students catalogue and reshelve books for the media center. This would include many worksite skills. Any suggestions from anyone about how to start practicing for the constructed responses would be helpful. I've read (and reread) the rubrics. I hope this is an idea you can use or sparks one that is useful klbeach!
CTEacher0712 is offline   Reply With Quote

klbeach

Old 05-29-2019, 02:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Great idea! Thanks!
From another board I read this suggestion for organizing your response to the prompts: standard, objectives (2-3), materials needed, activity, rationale, method of monitoring, method of reflection. Hope you find this helpful!
klbeach is offline   Reply With Quote

CTEacher0712

Old 05-30-2019, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks! I appreciate that; it's very helpful! Look at NBCoach's reply to my other post. He gives great suggestions as well. I like to bullet point ideas. I think that will make my writing much more succint. I'm afraid I have a tendency to overthink and try to add too much. Your suggestion and his will hopefully help keep me from running out of time.
CTEacher0712 is offline   Reply With Quote