Help

National Board Certification

C1 CTE Business, Marketing, Finance

>

CTEacher0712

C1 CTE Business, Marketing, Finance
Old 05-28-2019, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have suggestions for HOW to write to constructed responses. I have ideas about WHAT to write about for the sample prompts but I've struggled with how to get started and what to actually include. This component actually scares me more than any of them so far. I don't have a group or partner and no one has really given me any ideas about what to include. I've read the rubrics but I don't know how involved or how detailed to be so my practice timed writings have been all over the place.

CTEacher0712 is offline   Reply With Quote

NBCoach

Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I know it sounds trite, but just respond to each prompt...in your own natural words - pretty much like you did with the prompts in the other components. Maybe think what you might say if you were talking to a student teacher. Be as direct as possible. Include some specific examples. Follow the directions exactly. If a prompt asks for TWO strategies, give them TWO and only TWO. More will only eat away at your time.

There isn't just ONE right answer. There are MANY ways to respond. Include justification for your decisions. Tell WHY/BECAUSE/GIVE REASONS .

You can respond in sentences/paragraphs OR even use bullet points ( have to use * or - because bullets aren't on the keyboard). You can use as much space as you want - no limitations there. TIME is the limitation...30 minutes per CR exercise.

Hope this helps.
NBCoach is offline   Reply With Quote

CTEacher0712

Old 05-30-2019, 03:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes! It's actually quite helpful. A friend who got certified under the old format told me I could write in bullets but I was afraid that might not be accurate. I didn't know there wasn't a way to format bullet points so knowing that is a great time saver. This information you've provided helps me simplify. I keep trying to get too complicated. Thanks NBCoach!
CTEacher0712 is offline   Reply With Quote