Help

Substitute Teachers

ESS/ Source4Teachers

>

SubMan

ESS/ Source4Teachers
Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone one sub for ESS, used to be source4teachers? What’s it like? Do they use Aesop?

Another one of my districts is going to an outside agency. I talked to a sub friend of mine and they said something about unpaid training and orientation days as well as several hours of unpaid filling out forms.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 06-09-2019, 08:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don’t have an answer but unpaid orientation seems common. I have done two and they only took a few hours, mostly it was to bring in ID for payroll. They also didn’t make you come in again the next year if you had done it, you just had to pass these dumb videos and tests.One district pays for videos and one doesn’t, but if they made me come in multiple days with no pay I would just skip that district as they are going to treat you like crap anyway.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

bteach99

Ess
Old 06-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Worked for them, not the greatest. I had to pay for my orientation which was 50. They have Frontline which was AESOP. The forms are at the beginning when you get hired. Nothing is paid for except the day of work you put in.
bteach99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 06-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What did you have to pay for? The fingerprint check? If not, that is the worst thing I have heard yet.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

Subtastic

Old 06-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I wish the truth would come out about SFT. Not in the business of education - in the business of making money at expense of their workers. And they don't have your back. District calls to complain. Automatic ban , regardless of the veracity of complaint. Kids said I made them uncomfortable, that I made them clean up the room. I didn't. Got banned for a month. Customer service rep lied, said I yelled at her. Trust me, I'm not a yeller. The kids will tell you that. Forget about your pension once they take over. Health care is adequate.
I only work for districts that don't outsource. I hope you will too.

Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 06-23-2019, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My local school district dropped ESS/Source4Teachers and switched to Kelly Educational Staffing. I don't really have much of an opinion of ESS. I had very few actual conversations with them. The first was when the district went with them. They screwed up Aesop and I could not see jobs. I tried calling them and it was not easy to talk to someone. The second was an issue with bus duty. There was a student issue after school and I got a call from someone from ESS on why I wasn't on bus duty. The teacher I was subbing for did not tell me he had bus duty. Nothing more was said about the incident. BTW, I have posted earlier about a binding arbitration agreement that want you to sign.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 06-28-2019, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I didn't go to their orientation. I will be interesting to see how desperate they are for subs. I spoke to a sub friend of mine who did go and she said subs lost the lunch/recess duty pay that we used to get in this district.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote