Help

National Board Certification

KOS - My web for C4

>

minnie2019

KOS - My web for C4
Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I created this web. I think the description of the info on the form is the key to keep the writing rolling (or it did for me)

I will address the needs I discovered in KOS throughout the three components.

Attached Files
File Type: docx KOS web.docx (44.6 KB, 24 views)
minnie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

NBCoach

Old 07-03-2019, 07:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The web looks very useful. I noticed in the top box on the left, your notes about "the relative importance..." In your previous post, I mentioned I didn't see that info within the writing you posted. What's in the box is exactly where you want to go with that info.
NBCoach is offline   Reply With Quote

minnie2019

Old 07-03-2019, 09:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

These two questions from KOS seem redundant to me:
Q: What guided you in selecting these sources of information?
My A would be: I selected these sources because they were appropriate/they contained key info for creating my profile group.
Q: Why were the sources appropriate for the class?
My A: Because they gave me key info on my profile group.
Even if I am more specific on what type of info I got from each source, I still feel like it's one answer to two Qs. However, I need to rephrase, reuse the wording in the questions, cut the answer in two parts, and have two answers

NBCoach

Old 07-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Parsing out the meaning of prompts that seem the same can be challenging, but these 2 are not asking the same thing.

What guided you? Take out the word "appropriate" in the response and go with the second part. You tried to answer both prompts with the same information. Then give 2 or 3 specific examples. " I selected __, __, and __ because they knew information I could use to address my students' needs. For example,I consulted former teachers to ascertain any behavior issues, test results to help with language placement, and parents to learn more about the home/school connection." Or whatever is true for you.

Why were these sources appropriate...? These were appropriate because I knew these sources would provide first-hand knowledge of the students academic and social strengths and needs. Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not saying that the reasons etc. I put into my examples are the ones you should use...they are examples, nothing more. I don't know your kids, your teaching context etc. YOU are the expert!

You WILL revise many, many times...it's just part of the process and a very important part. We just have to recognize that, be patient with it, and accept it. Not always easy, though!

minnie2019

Old 07-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for the answer.
As always, I stumble into something, I post the confusion on the forum, and after getting some advice I rethink and find the answer. That's why I wanted to delete some of my messages in the past, because after I figure out the answer (with your help), I think my question was so dumb

NBCoach

Old 07-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Minnie, the only dumb question is the one not asked. Figuring out just what is asked for and thinking prompts ask for the same thing are very common issues. I'll just say that the NB never asks the same thing twice. Some prompts are related, but there will be a nuance that one must address. Sometimes a prompt will ask something that requires a general or broad response, then the next one will move from general to specific - or vice-versa.

Parse the prompts out...literally into segments. Eventually, you'll need to do that less often because you'll have gotten the "hang" of it.