Help

Retired Teachers

Kaiser prescriptions mailed

>

sonoma

Kaiser prescriptions mailed
Old 08-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have kaiser senior advantage which I mostly love. But I am not happy with their prescription service. If you have your order mailed it is significantly cheaper. But I have a mail slot and the bottles are too big to fit through. So the post office leaves me a note and I have to drive there to pick it up. And their lines are longer than kaiser pharmacies.

sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Pinemeadow

Old 08-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I totally get the annoyance of waiting at the Post Office! Have you thought about whether you can have them mailed to another address, like a friend or relative? Also, I am not sure about your house situation, but there are boxes that you can buy to leave on your porch for packages. I remember people talking about getting them at Christmas time when package theft was a big problem. If neither of those things will work, you might ask the people at the post office when their least busy times are and see if you can go then. It might shave some time off of your wait.
Pinemeadow is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 08-03-2019, 06:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That would be annoying. I have Kaiser, too, and RX delivery works great for me.

Pinemeadow has some great suggestions. Since we now know exactly what day delivery is, Iím wondering if you could leave a basket by your mail slot with a note on the slot to leave the package in the basket.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

That is annoying...
Old 08-03-2019, 09:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I preferred picking up my prescriptions at the pharmacy, but as you say, mail order is significantly cheaper. We have Optum Rx and luckily, it fits in my mailbox. I hope you are able to figure a solution out. The solutions other posters offered will hopefully work out.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 08-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not a fan of mail-order prescriptions!

DH's prescriptions were delayed due to miscommunication between the Dr office and CVS mail-order company. He was without blood pressure meds for a few days and had a heck of a time trying to figure out what happened. We decided to stop the service and just pick up the meds at our local CVS. It's not worth your health when things go wrong.

I'm sorry that the meds won't fit in your mailbox, Sonoma! What a pain to have to drive to get them. What about folks who can't get out and drive to get their meds? Three should be an easier solution to all of this.

*getting cranky in my old age!

Renea is offline   Reply With Quote